Chapter 35: Threats

Mavis' pov

"You can't just call me every time when something happens. You have your yakuza members for a reason." I gestured with my right hand to the other men in the room. It only passed 4 days since the exam, and Kai called for me the 3rd time in those four days. The first one was after the exam. I was tired but needed to be here nevertheless.

He wanted me to bring some dude that didn't pay for something. I didn't think much about it, just did what he said. It's for what he pays me for, so I can't just say no. The second time was yesterday, he gave me a new suit and I didn't say anything about that. I mean he could have send it to my house but didn't for whatever reason.

Maybe he just likes to call me over. Maybe he has some kind of complex. It's morning and I had to skip school for this.

We were in the same room as in the first day, a bag strap over my shoulder where my new suit was in.

"Yes, but you are better in this than these dogs of mine." He glanced at the men with the masks, who were standing still and looking down at the ground. It does feel weird hearing him call his devoted disciples 'dogs'. I slightly felt repulsed by that statement.

"Well? What is it that is so important, for which I needed to skip school?" I made a chair out of water and sat down while letting the bag slide down my arm. Crossing my legs and letting the bag rest on the ground.

He followed my every move with his eyes. "I need you to connect me with the LoV." He said nonchalantly.

"You're joking right? How could I possibly contact the League of Villains? I'm a student." I said bewildered. Crossing my arms over my chest.

"You are the Reaper. Worked for the Yamaguchi at the age of 14, allies with the Watanabe siblings and an U.A. Student, who got her Hero license a couple of days ago. You killed a lot of men, for the Yakuza or just because they touched you inappropriately, and now you work for me. Should I continue?"

I clicked my tongue as I eyed him up and down. Those informations were easy to find if you search for them in the underworld. I wasn't impressed in the slightest. "Want a cookie for informing yourself?"

"It wasn't easy to find things about you. I couldn't find anything about you under the age of 12..." He scanned my face as if he was waiting for a reaction, but I only rolled my eyes.

"My past doesn't concern you. I'm here because you wanted me to." I stood up from my solid water chair and it crumbled, then went back to it's normal, liquid form and soaked the carpet.

"I will see what I can do about the League, is that all?"

"Tell them that I want to meet them." He gestured to a man with a hand gesture to step forward and the man handed me a paper. "They can choose where to meet but the date should be the one that is on the paper. They don't need to know more. You will come with me when I will meet them, I need you by my side."

I looked to the other men in the room and then back to Kai. He understood what I wanted and with a flick of a hand, they all left us alone.

"What is it?" He asked.

"We live in dorms in U.A., I can't possibly sneak out the 4th time this week, just because you want me to." I explained and folded the paper, stuffing it in my bag.

"Lies. Don't think I don't know what you can do." He stood up.

"You don't get it, do you? They could follow me." Which may be true, but I just don't want to go.

"Don't talk to me like that. I am your superior and you do as I say." He walked slowly towards me and I couldn't help but scoff slightly.

"No you are not. You wanted to be allies and here I am. You're not my boss and I am stronger than you, if you like it or not. That's why you wanted me, didn't you?" He stopped only inches away from my face, glaring at me down, which I returned with my own glare.

"I am not your dog." I spat. I must have wounded him or something because he grabbed my throat, squeezing it enough to prevent oxygen to come into my lungs. Male pride. Always so breakable.

"Stop being such a brat. I may not be able to kill you, but I sure as hell can kill your friends, your classmates and that stupid child in the basement." His breath came out ragged behind the mask, angry, furious eyes meeting mine.

I can manage without oxygen for 10 minutes, I tried to train my lungs because of my quirk, but stopped after a while. My face relaxed as I let the words sink in my head. I let my hands slump besides me as I looked into his eyes amused.

"You need Eri. You need me. You need my friends because if you did something to them, I would slip away from your grip. One of my friends can escape your wrath, maybe two, and they will seek revenge with me if you did something to them. And we will destroy you mercilessly." I paused.

"And as for my classmates, I will protect them from you. I will kill you before you could even lay a finger on them. I will beat the shit out of you. Torture you till you beg for me to kill you. Your drug to eliminate quirks? You will get that before I even begin with my plan. No recovery with your quirk. You will end up being tossed in an alleyway, without your quirk, without anything that you had in your life." I spat.

He tightened his grip on my throat and then tossed me to the ground. "I have enough from Eri's blood to archive my goal. And for your little threats, we will see who is faster. You are only one person. Powerful, indeed, but you can't protect everyone. Not your classmates nor your old friends. I will have killed half of them, with or without my men, till you stop me. And you will have to live with that guilt, when they died because of you. A lonely girl who didn't tell them anything about herself."

I stared into his eyes with fury.

"Do as I say, and nothing will happen." He left the room while I continued to stare into nothing. My eyes unfocused as I imagines his little screams of agony.

So be it.

1157 words