Chapter Thirty-Six

I adopted this plot bunny a year or so ago. It really intrigued me. I posted a poll in my group asking which story I should work on next, and this was the winner. It's definitely a WIP. I've only got a rough outline figured out and I'm going back to my roots with this ... writing with a vague plan. I hope that I can do this justice.

None of this is mine ... I wish it was. Sigh ...

We're so close to the end. I'm thinking one more real chapter to wrap everything up, namely the king of the assholes, Jacob. I will not be going to deep into the actual trial since I'm not an attorney. We'll also figure out the future for Edward, Bella, and Seth, moving them into a new home, editing the movie and pulling things together for the movie premier.

Chapter Thirty-Six

Bella

It had been a month since my birthday and since Edward proposed.

I cannot believe he proposed. Every day since he'd gotten down on one knee, I found myself staring at the exquisite ring on my finger. It was every dream I'd ever had, wrapped up in this beautiful man who'd accepted me and my son. He loved us unconditionally, determined to become a family.

It was further proof that he was my family when we flew home. Edward came with us, along with Caius, and we met with the principal of Seth's school. It was a heated conversation and after an hour of arguing, we came to a tentative agreement about how the school district was handling my son's emotional issues. They'd turned a blind eye and Seth suffered because of it, hurting his academic progress, friendships, and emotional stability.

Suffice it to say, we'd decided to have Seth switch schools. He was going to another school, fifteen minutes away from our home. I'd have to drive Seth to school, but it was a better fit. A fresh start ... as it were. He'd have new teachers and would be academically challenged since it was a school for gifted students. The school district was also going to claim some responsibility for Seth's poor grades with their inaction toward his emotional distress. I'd done everything I could for him by putting him into counseling and being a safe place for him to rage, but the school did nothing except emailing me every time he hadn't completed an assignment or when he'd had some sort of altercation with another student. He'd be transferred without the failing grades he'd received. I was hesitant to agree to that. Seth had chosen not to complete the work, but Caius and one of the counselors had said that the school hadn't done anything alleviate his pain.

Plus, the threat of a lawsuit was dangled, and the school bowed to our request.

So, a new school, more counseling and a fresh start for my son was granted. When we told him, he was bummed since his friendship with Cooper and Nick had improved, but he was still stared at and teased relentlessly by the rest of classmates. A new school was the best option.

After that meeting, Edward spent a couple of days with us before he had to fly back to Los Angeles to continue working on the final cut of the movie. We hung out with Rose, Jasper, and Emmett. Edward brought gift basket for Rose, filled with many high-end baby goodies for Rose. For Emmett, he handed him a bottle alcohol since Rose was pregnant with another girl. It had been solidified at the last doctor's appointment.

I'd submitted my final draft for my latest novel which would be put to print around the holidays and began working on the last book in the series with a publication date early in the following year. My publisher tried to get me to go to another book convention, but I was still hesitant to leave Seth. Jasper advocated for me and for what I'd dealt with over the summer. He definitely earned his commission with his words and unwavering support.

However, I felt like he was hiding something from me. He'd take secret phone calls and would quickly close his laptop when I walked into his office. I trusted Jasper, but his recent behavior was putting me on alert. I pushed my worries about Jasper aside. He was entitled to his own life without my interference.