Chapter Fourteen

I adopted this plot bunny a year or so ago. It really intrigued me. I posted a poll in my group asking which story I should work on next, and this was the winner. It's definitely a WIP. I've only got a rough outline figured out and I'm going back to my roots with this ... writing with a vague plan. I hope that I can do this justice.

None of this is mine ... I wish it was. Sigh ...

So, we heard Bella's story. I didn't want to be overly graphic. Imagine what she went through, times ten. She just pulls at my heart strings. Also, what do you think about Alice? Do you trust her motives?

Anyhow, up next will be the meeting with Aro and moving forward with the movie. We're also going to have some romantic moments between Edward and Bella. Again, this will be an extremely slow burn. Unfortunately, I will have to separate them soon. She is a mom, and her kiddo is important to her. We're going to have some Seth and Bella bonding over the phone. I miss that kid!

Chapter Fourteen

Bella

The day was spent with Alice and Edward, carefully cultivating our plan of attack with Summit. Despite their close relationship with Aro Volturi, the actions of his employee, who was an obvious extension of his company, needed to be addressed. Paul had been summarily fired by the studio. Alice even went so far as to send Paul a copy of his non-disclosure agreement stating that if he bad-mouthed Summit, Edward, me, or the movie, he'd be subjected to hefty monetary consequences. He'd signed the NDA when he was hired by Summit and if he broke that agreement it would result in him being completely blacklisted within the industry with the possibility of jail time since he'd slandered and defamed my name.

However, Edward had waved his hand and Paul had been barred to apply for any position within Los Angeles. Through word of mouth, his faux pas was being spread around the entire entertainment industry.

After Alice left late in the afternoon, I asked for some time on my own. I needed to call Seth. I needed to see his face. Ideally, I'd prefer to hug my child, but he was a state away in San Francisco. I wasn't sure when I'd be flying home with this fuck up with Paul. So, a phone call would have to suffice. Edward, with all the patience in the world, told me that the wireless network extended to the beach. I hugged him so tightly, holding back tears before I went upstairs to get my laptop. Carrying it down to the beach, I settled on one of the chaise lounges near Edward's home.

Turning on my computer, I logged onto the wireless network and opened up FaceTime. I sent a text to Rose, who had responded almost immediately after I'd asked for her to set up her laptop. I dialed up Rose's number and Seth's face filled the computer screen. "Hey, baby," I breathed, tears welling in my eyes.

"Mom! Are you okay? Uncle Jasper flew out of here, all upset. He said that he needed to get to you," Seth asked.

"I'm okay," I answered. "Well, I'm okay, now. A couple days ago, Edward and I went out to eat with a studio executive. The executive ... he was from La Push."

"Asshole," Seth snarled.

"Language, Seth Charles," I admonished.

"It's true. Everyone from La Push are assholes," Seth argued. "Do you think he knew my sperm donor?"

"I'm pretty certain he did. He said that your sperm donor was his cousin," I answered. "Anyway, he said some things. Things I didn't want Edward to know, at least not right away."

"He found out how I was conceived," Seth said.

I didn't lie to my son. I told him over and over again, that regardless of how he was conceived, I loved him to the moon and the stars. My child was my world and now that I was able, I could give him the world, every opportunity and shower him with love and adoration, like my father did for me. He vaguely remembered his father, his sperm donor. I was his primary care giver. Jacob rarely watched him, and Billy's influence had not infected my son's mind. I tried my hardest to not let that monster poison my sweet son's mind with his backwards thinking during the rare moments when Billy had watched him.