Chapter 41: Irodori Festival: Not a Toy!

Geez! I really didn't expect so many people to be out here this early! I guess this really is a big deal after all... I'm glad I woke up so early now, or else I would be way further back in the queue than I am now.

There are hundreds of people here, queuing from the Eipekkusu storefront and leading out of Ritou completely — there were easily more than five hundred people in the queue at this point now... this is probably the most people in one place I think I've ever seen. Even at the busiest of hours in Liyue never seems to have as many bodies walking around as there are lining up here and now.

Fortunately I'm somewhere within the first fifty or so people, because I recall Kujou Sara saying there was only three hundred total being sold in this first run. So a lot of people here are going to end up disappointed... which is a shame, but I guess that's the deal with limited time runs during festivals.

???: *snore*

But something that I couldn't help but notice from my long time standing around here in this one spot, was that a nearby barrel to me had been snoring since before I got here. Is somebody actually sleeping inside of that barrel...?

Eh, well I guess the taverns and restaurants have been staying open later to accommodate the new visitors to the nation – particularly those from Mondstadt, who I've heard are quite keen on a good drink! I presume whoever is in that barrel is probably one of such ilk and had too much to drink last night and ended up conked out inside that barrel! Although... from the snoring, she sounds a little younger than one I'd expect to be getting that drunk...

Storetender: "HEY, LISTEN UP ALL OF YOU! Remain in your place in the queue, I'll be calling you all one at a time to make your purchase."

Looks like the process is starting up, finally! I was beginning to wonder... although the store tender didn't seem too into it. Like he doesn't want to actually sell any of these... weird! Wouldn't they want someone more... charismatic to be leading the charge in this sort of situation?

The sun hadn't even started to rise yet, so hopefully I can get to pay for my statue before too long, and then I can maybe head back and get a couple hours of napping time before I head out again with Qiqi. And today's going to be the first day of exploring the festival with Hu Tao alongside us, so I want to be feeling as well and ready for the day as possible!

At the moment, it was just me here, Hu Tao knew I was going to be leaving very early, so she'll understand why I'm gone when she wakes up and sees me missing from the bed beside her. I also left a note for Qiqi, so she'll know where I've gone when she wakes up and reads it.

But hopefully I won't be out here for much longer that any of that would matter...

* * *

Storetender: "(that was the forty-ninth...) Next. Give me your name so that I can write it down and then hand over the Mora. 120,000 for this toy-figurine-thing, in case you forgot."

Y/N: "Oh– uh, sure. My name is Y/N. And... here's the Mora."

???: *snore*

I handed the mora over to the... rather rude storetender, and he began counting it all up. As he did, I noticed him write my name down in the notebook beside him with a black pen, and then he ticked it with a separate green pen. I guess that means everything is good to go then...?