Chapter 36: Irodori Festival: Arrival

Qiqi: "Y/N...? Qiqi's tummy feels funny again..."

Y/N: "Oh? Oh dear! Well then, let us head back above deck again for some fresh air then, shall we?"

Qiqi: "Hmmmm... Okay."

Qiqi had then hopped off of the seat she was sitting on, and I followed suit by getting off of my own seat, and then I reached out for Qiqi's little hand to guide her to the way outside.

Before we left though, I looked back down at the seat next to the one that I was sitting on a second ago, at the seat that was currently housing my sleeping girlfriend: Hu Tao.

Hu Tao and I decided that we would take turns resting throughout this trip, so that Qiqi wouldn't get lonely and would always have someone to talk with and look after her. Hu Tao insisted that I took the first rest, so that I wouldn't be too groggy when we make port – she always was better at waking up and being ready to go than I was!

Y/N: "There's still probably a while left before we make port. We'll just leave her to rest for a little while longer still. Come with me Qiqi."

Qiqi: "Okay."

The two of us left the cabin room that was assigned to our quant little trio and then I shut the door behind us once we'd left. I then escorted Qiqi by her small hand up the stairs and to the main deck of the seafaring vessel we were currently riding on.

Y/N: "I did a bit of reading on seasickness before hand, just in case. So! Qiqi, could you try looking out there at... hmm... Oh! Perfect! Can you look at that cloud over there? Do you see it?"

Qiqi: "Okay. Qiqi will look at that cloud."

Y/N: "That's great! Just keep focusing on that cloud."

Qiqi was still holding onto my hand with hers, but I had a hand left to spare still. So I used this empty hand to comfort Qiqi with some soothing backrubs, something else that I read from that book I'd read for research on seasickness.

Qiqi: "Mhm... Qiqi is feeling a bit better now... thank you Y/N."

Y/N: "Of course Qiqi, let me know whenever you need anything at all. Especially over these next couple days, we'll be in a whole other land after all!"

Qiqi: "Okay... I will write it in my notebook."

Sailor: "Hey you two! Enjoying the fresh ocean breeze I see!"

Y/N: "Yeah, my little friend here is feeling a little seasick right now so I thought some fresh air might help her."

Sailor: "Ah, I see! Don't worry little lass, we're not too far off from making port now! And it seems the rain had finally gave way too, so we should be arriving with some nice sunny weather!"