Chapter 20: A Brief Time of Flowers...

??? 1: "YOU CANNOT WIN"

??? 2: "i will fight to my last!"

??? 1: "WATCH AS THOSE WHO CONTROL YOU ARE FELLED BEFORE YOU"

??? 2: "even you cannot stop the flow of water, nor the erosion of rock!"

??? 1: "YOU ARE BOUND BY THEM NO LONGER. STAND DOWN"

??? 2: "my will is that of the waves-"

??? 1: "LAY YOUR WEAPON DOWN AND I WILL FIND YOU NEW MEANING"

??? 2: "-and the waves give no quarter, no mercy to those ensnared in its grasp!"

??? 1: "THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE. SURRENDER YOURSELF"

??? 2: "*inaudible*"

??? 1: "I SEE... I AM SORRY FOR WHAT WE MUST DO. REST WELL."

That

That... that dream- no. That nightmare again... why? 

It's the same one I've been plagued with for a few weeks now, its been the same thing every single time... but who was that second voice I heard this time? The person who was killed...?

And why have I been having this nightmare so much more frequently lately - ever since Rex Lapis was assassinated, it was as if the frequency of this nightmare had multiplied considerably... Is it just my subconsciousness, worrying about the future? 

Or is it... something more...?

. . .

The sun's light is shining on my face again, so either that means its quite late in the day and I overslept to a point that the sun is shining through my window back at the Pharmacy...

Or I didn't dream last night, and the two of us spent the night together... but judging from the way that the blanket is hugging a girlfriend-sized figure laying next to me, I can only assume that it was indeed the latter. 

I'm still a bit groggy from waking up, and so my memory is a little more foggy than my usual amnesia would have it, but let's see if I can remember what happened...

*FLASHBACK TO THE PREVIOUS NIGHT*

I made my way back outside from my quick return to the Pharmacy, where I found Hu Tao leaning against a railing and looking off towards the landscape, but upon hearing my footsteps she quickly returned her attention back to the here and now.