Chapter 13: Fear no more the heat o' the Sun

???: "YOU CANNOT WIN"

???: "WATCH AS THOSE WHO CONTROL YOU ARE FELLED BEFORE YOU"

???: "YOU ARE BOUND BY THEM NO LONGER. STAND DOWN"

???: "LAY YOUR WEAPON DOWN AND I WILL FIND YOU NEW MEANING"

???: "THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE. SURRENDER YOURSELF"

???: "I SEE... I AM SORRY FOR WHAT WE MUST DO"

 I AM SORRY FOR WHAT WE MUST DO"

Y/N: "ARGH! pant pant t-that nightmare again...?"

These past couple nights I have been suffering from the same nightmare, over and over again. And every single time it ends the same way, with that body being impaled by dozens of Polearms and then I wake up...

But just before that, I can hear a voice... as if they're talking to someone, but I can't hear what the other person is saying at all...?

I don't even know what could have caused me to start getting these nightmares, the only people I know who use a Polearm are Hu Tao and Xiangling, but that voice was definitely neither of theirs... is this a memory from before the amnesia? Did I... did I kill someone?

... There's no point in trying to get back to sleep now, I'm not even sure if I could if I wanted to!

Maybe I'll take a short walk around the landscape, and gather some herbs to top off our supplies? I've managed to find a safe route that I can take without worrying about Hilichurls at all so all I need to do is leave a note for Qiqi to know where I am.

... But maybe I should bring my Hydro Vision with me too, just in case? And hey, who knows, maybe I can experiment with it a little to try and better my understanding of it?

* * *

Y/N: "That was a much bigger collection of Violetgrass than I was expecting actually! That should help us out a lot back at the Pharmacy, this stuff is such a pain to gather!"

It's been a few hours now, the sun was finally starting to rise and as would the citizens of Liyue- perhaps it's time I head back before I am missed?

There wasn't any deliveries waiting to be delivered, so there isn't any work that I'm missing but-

???: "HELP! SOMEBODY HELP ME!"

From what I could only assume to be an act out of instinct, I immediately started running in the direction of the unexpected voice screaming out for aid.