Chapter 18-TGIF

18. TGIF

BPOV

This had been the craziest week of my life. Only last Friday I had been on a plane to Forks with no idea that the fictional series I was reading was actually real. I hadn't even known my precious Edward for a whole week, yet it felt like a lifetime. In a mere ninety minutes, I would introduce him to my father as we went out for our "first" date. We had decided to go to the Italian restaurant in Port Angeles for sentimental reasons. It had been the location of our first date in the book, and I wanted to create the memory for real. I had every intention of ordering the mushroom ravioli and a coke. This time, however, things would go slightly differently. At least Edward wouldn't be desperately trying to restrain himself from killing the attempted rapists, or worrying about me going into shock. We wouldn't have the anxiety of first knowledge dangling between us either. Nor would we have to be concerned about Jessica and Angela. All in all, this was going to be a much better date than the original.

I went upstairs and gasped with surprise when I entered my room. Alice and Rosalie were sitting on my bed, waiting for me. Alice wasn't that surprising. I should have known I couldn't do anything as important as a first date without her "helping" me with my makeup, clothes, and hair. I was rather startled to find Rosalie with her though. I tried to mask my shock, but knew I was way too late. By the time my human brain could even register my own emotions, they would have already processed the expression on my face. Rosalie looked at me curiously.

"Why are you so much more surprised to see me here than Alice?"

"Umm, because Alice likes me and you don't?" Made perfect sense to me.

She rolled her eyes. "What makes you so sure I don't like you?" My jaw dropped in shock. Hadn't I just read a four book series during the majority of which Rose couldn't stand me?

"What?" she exclaimed indignantly. "I'm starting to get insulted by your attitude."

"Forgive me, please, Rose," I hurriedly explained. "I just had the impression from Stephenie Meyer that it would take more than a year to earn your trust and even longer to earn your friendship. Almost two years in fact."

She huffed, irritated. "Well, you shouldn't believe everything you read."

I gave her my best winning smile. "Believe me, Rose; I'm glad she was wrong. I'd love nothing more than for us to be good friends and eventually loving sisters."

She smiled back, somewhat shyly, which seemed a bit out of place on her perfect face. "Me too."

"Me three!" Alice shrieked excitedly, bouncing on the bed. "Now, enough jabbering. We have work to do. So much to do, so little time."

I groaned and simply turned myself over to her. I knew there would be no use resisting. My days as

Bella Barbie had begun. I decided to go to my "happy place" in my thoughts, trying to picture Edward's meadow. I desperately wanted him to take me there, and he had promised to do so on Sunday. I tried to imagine what Edward would look like sparkling in the sun. I knew that no matter how hard I tried to picture it, the reality was bound to be so much better. My thoughts slipped to the Twilight book. I remembered the description of my Port Angeles trip and considered it in relation to Rosalie's story. I was glad I wouldn't be suffering from those men, but at the same time, I hated that they were free to wander the streets at night looking for other victims.

"Hey, Rosalie, I've got a suggestion for you and Emmett if you get bored sometime within the next few weeks."

She met my eyes curiously in the mirror as she worked on my hair.