Chapter 12

12. Rosalie and the M3

BPOV

I woke to a chilly kiss that nevertheless warmed me up on the inside. I opened my eyes and found myself staring directly into Edward's golden ones.

"Good morning, love," he greeted me with his crooked smile. I smiled widely in return.

"Good morning to you, too. What a way to wake up in the morning. I must admit I'll take you over my alarm clock any day."

He chuckled. "Well, at least I'm good for something."

I grinned. "I'm sure I can think of a few more reasons to keep you around. If I concentrate."

"Is that so?" he murmured, giving me little kisses along my jaw line and down my neck.

"So much for concentrating!" I gasped. He lifted his head with a smirk.

"Hey, who said you could stop?" I protested, trying to pull him back down. He gave me an evil grin.

"Time for your human moment, love."

I huffed. How frustrating. How like him to get me going and then pull away. I grumbled as I got up, grabbed my clothes for the day, and went to take a shower. I wondered if cold showers worked on women too, but decided to try it another day. By the time I finished my shower and dressed, he was waiting in my room, in my rocking chair, already changed for school.

"Let me get this straight," I grumbled. "You ran home, took a shower, changed your clothes, and then ran back, just in the amount of time it took me to take a shower and dress?"

He smirked. "I can't help it if you like to take really long showers."

Long showers? There was still hot water, doggone it. It didn't qualify as a long shower in my book unless I ran out of hot water. I knew he was teasing me though, because the truth was that he was just really darn fast.

"I parked the car around the corner, by the way. I'll go and get it after your father leaves."

I went over and sat in his lap, leaning back against his chest. I could tell he was holding his breath.

"Is this too hard for you?" I asked in concern. He shook his head, smiled, and wrapped his arms around me. We stayed like that for a few minutes, gently rocking back and forth, until my stomach growled. I blushed and Edward chuckled.

"Sounds like breakfast time for the human," he teased. I glared at him. He pushed me off his lap and helped me upright. I heard my dad moving around in his room. "Go hunt downstairs for some food, love, so you can quiet the hungry beast inside you."

I rolled my eyes. "Very funny, Edward. Maybe we have some yummy mountain lion in the fridge." He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Fine," I sighed. "I'll go pounce on a Pop Tart. I think I can manage to subdue it into submission. I'm sure you'll come running if it gets to be too much for me and you hear my terrified screams for help. Attack of the mutant Pop Tart. I can see the headlines now: Mutant Pop Tart Mutilated by Vicious Vampire. 'Nothing munches my mate!' he screamed while passionately pummeling the Pop Tart. What do you think?"

"I'm thinking I may need to have Carlisle investigate mental institutions. I'll be sure to visit you as often as I can."

I threw a book at his head, which he promptly caught and began flipping through. I groaned, shut the door and headed downstairs. Charlie was already in the kitchen, messing with the coffee pot. He may not know how to cook, but he knew his way around the coffee machine blindfolded.