Chapter 7 in love with number eight

.
.
.
.
.

~☂️~

Year 1955
The commission building
Five went back to the commission with the handler, which they are at the main office, as he decided to take the deal but he had other plans in mind. Him and the handler walk towards the building telling five the new position.

" I must admit, number five, in all the time that I've been here, I've never meet anyone quite like you. " she told him, as they were walking towards the building.

People walking by notice that five has come back. Taking a few glances, five notice this trying to not make a eye contact.

' stay focus five. Stay focus, remember what you came here for..' He thought to himself.

" Hazel and cha cha are, for example, are talented, certainly, but... They can't see the big picture. Your spunk, your enterprising spirit, well it reminds me a great deal of myself, if...I may be so vainglorious. " she explained to him, as they continue walking to the building. Five listen to her as he keep to himself. " if things work out for you here, you could potentially make a fine successor, five. " she continued.

They entered the building, as people rushing in and out of the building as its a busy hour for the commission.

Five spoke breaking the silence, " I'd like to discuss the logistics of my family's safety at your earliest convenience. "

He told her right away getting to the point to his family, they both walked up the stairs as he continued.

" as well as this body replacement. " five told her.

" such chutzpah. It's refreshing, I'll admit. Slow down five. All in good time. In fact, now that you've finally agreed to work with us. We've got all the time in the world. " the handler said to five.

They went continue to take the tour showing five the main office building. Five took a glance at the building inside figuring things where, at the places are at.

" the commission works in support of a delicate balance between the timeline and the events and man kinds free will. " she explained to him about the timeline and showed the briefcase section. " the briefcase is no longer part of your kit, five. Free your mind. You're management now. "

Five look at the briefcases as he continued to walk with her, she put her arm around his shoulders. Walking pass the briefcase section.

" one of us. " she told him.

They made it to one of the offices, where they tell the people the orders on who goes and protect.