Living Life in the Night

Y/N's POV

The drunken girl giggled as she made her way clumsily to her apartment, Takemichi's arm wrapped around her waist. Her apartment was closer to the restaurant they had just ate at, and Takemichi didn't want his calc tutor going home by herself. She fumbled with the keys slightly before unlocking the door, inviting him inside. Sober Y/n, wouldn't have brought anyone home at this time of night and make herself look suspicious, but she didn't think Takemichi would be able to make it to his place on his own.

"Fuck, I'm too drunk for this. Your apartment is spinning," Takemichi groaned plopping himself down on her couch, covering his face with his hands.

"I'll get us both some water don't fall," she made her way to the kitchen, opening the fridge and grabbing two bottles of water. Walking back over to Takemichi, she handed him a bottle before opening her own and putting it to her lips. Although she was drunk, she knew if she didn't drink water there was an even worse hangover to come in the morning. Gulping down the entire bottle, she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand lazily. Takemichi was too busy struggling to get the cap off of the bottle. Y/n snickered to herself, taking the bottle back from his hands and opening it.

"Here," she handed it back to him.

"I coulda did that myself Y/n," he slurred before taking a sip from the bottle. While Takemichi slowly sipped the cold water, Y/n stumbled all the way to her bedroom. Shutting the door she took a deep breath, rummaging through her dresser to find something comfortable to sleep in. Stripping off her clothes, she tossed them into the laundry hamper before settling on an oversized shirt and a pair of fuzzy socks. She opened the door to find Takemichi in the same position she had left him in.

"Michi you should prob get some rest," she whined from her doorway leaning against the doorframe in order to keep herself upright. He let out a hiccup, before leaning his body to the side in an attempt to lay on the girl's couch. Y/n watched in slow motion as he leaned a little too forward and ended up hitting the ground in-between her couch and coffee table with a lot thump.

"Oh fuck," he muttered to himself. Y/n let out a sigh before composing herself and making her way over to Takemichi who was stuck on the floor. She helped him up, holding his body up the best she could and brought him inside of her bedroom.

"I don't need you breaking my table Hanagaki," she teased before helping him lean against her tall bed. Y/n turned to her drawer, picking out a pair of sweatpants she knew Takemichi would fit. Tossing them over to him, she lifted herself onto her bed pulling the cover over her body.

"Thanks Y/n. You're really thoughtful you know that?" He slurred his words once again. The sudden compliment seemingly sobered Y/n up. Drunk words are often sober thoughts, right?

"Hurry up Michi or we're really gonna wake up on the wrong side of the bed."

Y/n turned to face the wall, wanting to give Takemichi some privacy while he changed. She knew he wouldn't be able to make it to the bathroom and would settle on changing his clothes right then and there. Takemichi stumbled a little bit trying to get his pants off, but he finished changing and set his clothes on the girl's desk chair.

"Uh do you have an extra pillow and blanket?"

"You don't need it just get in the bed Hanagaki."

"B-But then we'd be sleeping together."

"Listen loverboy, I'm not gonna make any moves on you. Just don't use me as a body pillow like Sano does and we're good."

Y/n could feel the weight of the bed shift as Takemichi laid next to her. Slipping his body under the blanket, the two laid back to back both breathing unsteady trying to regain their thoughts.

"Goodnight," Takemichi yawned before letting himself drift off to sleep. Y/n on the other hand couldn't bring herself to close her eyes. She hadn't been this close to anyone but Mikey since she started college, and the fact that Takemichi was so close to her in her own bedroom made the girl flustered.

She subconsciously reached up to Takemichi's hair, running her fingers through it lightly as he slept. Her eyes began to flutter close and she found comfort in running her fingers in his hair.

The two slept all night, into that morning. The sun peaking through the corners of the curtains irritated Y/n's eyes as she groggily began to wake up. She opened her eyes realizing her and Takemichi were facing each other, his hand resting on her waist as he laid on his opposite arm. Her eyes widened, as she reached towards his soft sleeping hand and lifted it off of her waist setting it down on the bed.

Takemichi groaned as he stirred around gently in the bed. The girl sighed gently, turning around to face the wall once again.

"It's too fucking early for this," she mumbled before closing her eyes and going back to sleep.

-

Hours later, Y/n woke back up feeling refreshed and well rested but the sudden warmth that had comforted her as she slept was suddenly gone. Takemichi had left the apartment while she slept. The girl took a deep sigh before getting out of the bed and making her way to the kitchen.

On the counter there was a bottle of water, some pain meds, some snacks and a note. She picked up the note, attempting to read Takemichi's chicken scratch handwriting that was difficult to make out.

Hey Y/n thanks for taking care of me last night. Sorry I got so drunk. I left some stuff for you, I hope you feel better and aren't too grumpy. I had to run to meet Mikey but text me when you get up so I know you didn't get alcohol poisoning or something. Thanks. You're the best.
- Michi

Rolling her eyes at the note, she put it on her fridge and grabbed the bottle of water from the table.

"I guess you really do care about people."