tramonto infunctuato

a/n

hello everyone! how are you doing?

okay so i know that it has been a very long time since i've updated, but my computer is broken, life is chaotic, and motivation is nowhere to be found

also heartstopper?????? my beloved???????

and also I'm going out with my crush we're not official yet but that happened????

i haven't talked to yall in forever gods so i'm just gonna give quick updates

heartstopper, going out with my crush, will gao, kit connor, KIT CONNOR CAN SING?, the great british baking show my beloved, moulin rouge the broadway musical <33, literally all the broadway shows, also can we all agree that ranboo's go-to karaoke song would be it's raining men?

i think yall know how i've been pretty well now lol

oh also! i'm doing a horror unit in writing class at school so keep a lookout for when i post that, i'm very excited and i love how it's coming out!

this chapter is just some nice c!fluff (with a crushing ending oops) because i pity y'all sometimes, and it's actually a decent amount of writing for once! oh and i added more to the love, tessa thing, i realized i only posted part of it akhsjkasfhfdsjkg

i hope y'all enjoy!

btw the title means fiery sunset in italian

a/n over

The soft sound of the piano echoed throughout the hall, rich and slow like honey.

Golden light filtered in through the grand windows, curtains whispering movements in the wind. Outside, a duo of mourning doves chirped a tune and hopped about on the branch of a towering oak.

Inside, Ranboo studied the arched ceiling of the mansion tiredly, focusing on the clouds painted around the edges. The middle of the mural- a huge baby blue and gold clock- tended to strike fear into Ranboo's heart. The clouds, however, with their soft pink and blue and gold, seemed to ease his mind.

Ranboo tore his gaze from the ceiling and repurposed his focus to his husband's peaceful expression. Tubbo, eyes cast down serenely, was playing a complicated-seeming piece on the piano that could really be classified only as "soft." It was mornings like these that Ranboo treasured so dearly. It was mornings like these that he could almost forget everything going on in this bitch of an Earth.

Who had said that?

Ranboo couldn't recall. But he'd heard it before, and it had stuck with him.

The music trailed off into the coda, a harmonious plunking of keys going up, up, up till they were over. Ranboo smiled warmly at his husband when Tubbo turned towards him and pulled his knees up to his chest.

"Did that sound okay?" Tubbo said quietly, tilting his head to the side.

"It was awesome, chickadee," Ranboo answered, getting up and walking to Tubbo. He planted a soft kiss on the other's mop of soft brown hair and yawned. "Shall we go get Michael from Tommy's?" The duo's son had slept at Tommy's house the night before, in response to Tommy's totally not becoming attached to the kid, and saying that he was offering to watch him only because Tubbo looked tired.

Tubbo smiled sheepishly. "About that..."

Ranboo groaned. "What did you do?"

"Calm down, bossman!" Tubbo said. "Tommy's gonna watch him one more day so we can hang out and pick him up tomorrow!" Ranboo must've looked skeptical because Tubbo added a bit more to his explanation. "I asked, boo. He's happy to do it."