in case you don't live forever

a/n

a kinda short kinda sad fluff based off of this beautiful song that honestly makes me cry so much

(listen while you read!)

Obviously, as always, it's fully platonic, and I hope y'all enjoy!

a/n over

Ranboo and Tubbo sat on the couch, watching some movie that Ranboo wasn't really paying attention to.

It was rare, nowadays, that just the two could just be together watching a movie or doing a puzzle or something, with Michael and the hotel and the mansion, there just wasn't time for them to just sit in each other's company.

So now that they were able to, they were sitting snuggled up together, a bowl of popcorn in between them, and Ranboo was kind of just thinking in the comfortable silence instead of watching the movie.

A song Ranboo had recently heard popped into his head, it really seemed like it was made for the two of them, except not in the intended romantic relationship in the song. It really seemed to put all of Ranboo's feelings into words.

You put all your faith in my dreams

You gave me the world that I wanted

What did I do to deserve you?

The two of them had decided to trust each other when they both needed it most, and they gave each other everything they needed and wanted that could be provided. They both were so vulnerable, for Tubbo it was losing Tommy, for Ranboo it was his guilt and all of his unknowing questions. Ranboo just didn't know what could make Tubbo want to be with him.

I follow your steps with my feet

I walk on the road that you started

I need you to know that I heard you, every word

I've waited way too long to say

Everything you mean to me

The younger boy felt so much towards Tubbo, their bond was so much stronger than just a friendship, it was so much more of a deeper kind of friendship, they both would do anything for the other, they would make so many sacrifices.

In case you don't live forever, let me tell you now

I love you more than you'll ever wrap your head around

In case you don't live forever, let me tell you the truth

I'm everything that I am because of you

I, I've carried this song in my mind

Listen, it's echoing in me

But I haven't helped you to hear it

We, we've only got so much time

I'm pretty sure it would kill me

If you didn't know the pieces of me are pieces of you

Ranboo could stay with Tubbo forever, they could grow together, they could grow old together, with just each other and their son. And if it all ended before Ranboo was ready, his heart would just shatter into a million pieces. He felt like so much more than a friend with Tubbo, but that's the only way it could possibly be described- it wasn't romantic- just such a strong platonic love that it couldn't be ignored. They had such a bond, they couldn't be broken now.

I've waited way too long to say

Everything you mean to me

Tubbo meant the whole world to Ranboo, he was the sun, he was the moon, he was just such an amazing person with so much to give and to share, and he just brought life to everything and everyone he came near. Ranboo could barely begin to explain the love he felt for his friend.

In case you don't live forever, let me tell you now

I love you more than you'll ever wrap your head around

In case you don't live forever, let me tell you the truth

I'm everything that I am because of you

I have a hero whenever I need one

I just look up to you and I see one

I'm a man 'cause you taught me to be one

If Tubbo left-

Ranboo would be forever broken, forever wilting without the light he needed, the light he depended on.

In case you don't live forever, let me tell you now

I love you more than you'll ever wrap your head around

In case you don't live forever, let me tell you the truth

I'm everything that I am

Ranboo looked at the boy, who had fallen asleep cuddled into his platonic husband's chest, and smiled warmly, such a sincere, loving smile, of pure adoration.

He softly sang out loud as a sort of lullaby,

"Whoa... whoa... In case you don't live forever, let me tell you the truth... As long as I'm here as I am, so are you.." Ranboo closed his eyes and leaned onto the back of the couch, hugging Tubbo close to him, and soon drifted off to sleep.

a/n

747 words uwu

so i'm guessing that a bunch of u haven't read the intro, (if not please go read it), but if u have you know that none of this should be seen as romantic shipping, just platonic (or plankton, in tubbos words)

I am very affectionate with my very close friends, so this seems like a perfectly normal way to act and feel in a platonic relationship. if you disagree, i am sorry about that, but I won't be taking this down or anything unless i am told that ranboo and/or tubbo aren't okay with fanfics or fanart

If they tell me and I will take this down as soon as I see, I want to respect them as much as possible :)

also song credits are in case you don't live forever by ben platt

have a great day/night/4am💚