14

"Minho.. Until when are you going to be like this?", the older Alpha sighed.

Minho opened his eyes from a little nap that he took in the middle of a duty and raised his eyebrow at his best friend. "Be like what do you mean exactly?", asked him.

"I could see right through you Know, and you very much look dead right now"

"Maybe that's because I am"

Chan's shoulder slumped in disappointment. Never did he thinks that he would see Minho this miserable, not even when he was forced to engage Taeha or when his father scolded him in front of everyone for being sleepy on duty when he was a teen.

This heartbroken fella is the same one who is known to be a strict and fierce future pack Alpha. How did he become like this?

Simple, one easy answer.

Han Jisung.

Ever since the Beta left suddenly a week ago, things hasn't been the same. In fact, they turned for the worst.

Minho had been neglecting his duties and kept himself locked in his room, ignoring and blocking the pack mind link, even his father's. This caused a huge impact on the pack's algorithm.

The Blood Moon that was once an organized and quiet pack has now become a havoc and messy pack, all because of one Beta.

"Minho, can't you see how messed up this situation is? Our pack is a disaster!", the older exclaimed, frustrated. "Don't let some outsider ruin us as a pa-"

But instead of getting him back into his senses, Chan just made the younger growl at him, "He is NOT 'some outsider'.."

Seeing how a sharp glare was directed at him with the other taking a few deep breaths before calming down again had the older realized that he said something wrong.

So he tries to explain himself, "Look, Know, I didn't mean it like that, I just- You- How should I explain? Um-", he though, failed on it and kept stuttering all over.

"If you keep on disrespecting him like that, I swear.. I will get rid of you myself"

The cold stare, the icy tone and the still posture. He meant every word he said, which hurt the older a little.

They have been best friends for as long as he could remember but the fact that their friendship is bending like this because of the other's soulmate that decided to leave him on his own, it angers Chan.

"Me? You will get rid of me?", Chan pointed to himself in disbelieve, feeling betrayed since his best friend is choosing his soulmate over him.

"If you disrespect Han Jisung again then yes", the other respond. "Everything in this world that dare to cause him pain, I'll destroy it"

"If the whole world turns against him, I won't hesitate to start the biggest war on earth to make sure nothing could hurt him again... And you are no exception Bang Chan.."

"What about me?"

The two Alphas who were the only ones in the tense office room turned their heads towards the person who invited himself in. Their eyes widened and they were stumbling to stand up to pay respect as the two realized who it was.

"Alpha Lee.." , "Dad..", both of them said simultaneously. 

Alpha Lee walked further into the room after closing the door with a gentle smile on his face. "If I was against the two of you being together, do you think the world would really end?", he asked Minho, referring to the threat he gave to his best friend earlier.

"I.."

The old, but fit, man sat down in the middle sofa, gesturing the hesitating others to do the same. "Would the world end if you can't have him?", asked the pack Alpha again.