INTRODUCTION

A believer.

Someone who has faith in one's existence or the truth in something.

Someone that Han Jisung used to be. A naïve young one who believes that everything is set to be by the Goddess of the Moon, the one everyone look up to.

If only he didn't have to live through such, what other people would call it, a comedic life, he would probably still believe in such fate.

And if there were some miracles out there that exist, A God even, he used to pray every night for either of those two to help such a miserable and pitiful soul like him.

He stopped as he slowly grew out of the imaginary world he lived in and woke up in a whole new set of world that kept pushing him down. As if everyone was ganging up on him.

The young one felt lonely and scared by the treatment he was given, but as time passed by, those loneliness and fear of him soon turned into anger and hatred for the world.

Going against every rule set for him, he thought he could overcome the empty feeling that has been occupying his heart for a few years.

Into the adulthood he went, every expectations of him finding his 'fated' mate came crumbling down with nothing but a sentence of, "There's no such thing as soulmate"

The idea of someone being his other half scares him. Knowing that this 'mate' of his is capable of leaving him too, he would rather live with half a soul if that's what it would cost him to get rid off the unwanted disturbance in his life.

 Han Jisung couldn't believe that one could lost their soul, until he lost his.

"When will you give this up? This bratty attitude of yours doesn't amuse me anymore", his father said with the same old calming voice.

The voice that never fail to send a shiver down the spine of the only Beta in the house, or in other words, the disappointment of the family.

"I never wished to amuse you father, well at least not anymore", he retorted.

The old man sighed as if hearing the answer from his youngest son just lessen the patience he had with him. Not a single day passed by without him being tested by the said son.

"Then? What did you wish would happen when you decided to cross the border just this morning?", asked the father, trying his best to reasonable.

"Is it not obvious dear father? I wished to cross the border, learn more about the other side, simple as that"

"But for what reasons Han Jisung? You do know that the Blood Moon pack is not exactly the nicest pack to others?"

Referring him by his full name, the Beta knew oh so well that it is his father's way of showing that he is keeping distance from his own son, showing that his impatience is growing to its limit.

But Jisung has been the way he is for a good few years now, long enough for everyone in his pack to know that the Beta is not someone who wished on following the ranks set for decades in the pack.

A Beta who has the mindset of an Alpha, but a personality of an Omega to his friends. Someone others would say that doesn't belong in a pack.

To be more exact, they said that he is better off as a rogue, following the definition of 'a dishonest or unprincipled man'.

"This is the first time you showed your care towards me father, I'm touched", the Beta joked, not expecting to get his heart stepped on the next second.

"I don't"

Oh.

He didn't know a truth being said would hurt more than finding out the truth kept hidden.

But isn't it better like this this? Being honest than lying straight to his face that the man he called father ever since birth, actually loves him, would hurt him less.

Chuckling as he tried to blink away the tears pooling in his eyes, "I guess I got my honesty from you, right father?", he laughed.

The suffocating feeling that build up in his throat kept him from bursting in shame and anger for the man in front of him.

"Likewise, I believe that since you have most of my genes than your mother's, you could differentiate between the rights and the wrongs"

With his eyebrows furrowed, he tilted his head in order to process the words his father just said. "What is so wrong about having my mother's genes?", he asked, not liking the way his deceased mother was brought upon the discussion all of the sudden.

"Hm, I don't think you're ready to learn what she has done to the family" 

"No, I think YOU are the one who's not ready to reveal the truth aren't you?", said the son with a string of tolerance left for his father. 

He stormed closer to the old man behind the desk and slammed his hands onto it, "You took advantage of her just because she lost her mate, you blamed and kicked her out after you had me"

What ticked him the most was the fact that the man was just staring back at him with a hint of amuse and a cunning look that the son hated with all his might.

"Don't you feel a little bit of shame in yourself..?", voice cracking as he looked at his father in the eyes, trying to search for an answer he wished on finding.

Instead, he was met with another truth he was pained to believe the most.

"Lost her mate? And me taking advantage of that? Do you even know what you're talking about?"

"Then tell me something I don't know"

"Your mother was my mate"

So much for being a believer, just like that, he lost another hope in the life he was itching to leave.

What if fate has the same thing in store for him like it had with his mother? He doesn't want to have a yet another ill-fated relationship with someone who's supposed to be the one for him.

How would he bare to have someone being his other half when he can't even care for himself properly?

Most importantly, after four years passed since him passing the age 18, who is exactly this mate of his that he never came across upon?

"He is Lee Know"

[ MINSUNG FF ]

Reminder that this story is just a fiction. None of these characters are mine nor do I know them personally. This book is only for entertainment purposes and shouldn't be taken seriously. Copyrighted by @SYU_Bunny .