↳ 𝟸𝟾

"𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗠𝗘 𝗔𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗘, 𝗞𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦!" the boy exclaimed.

Keres stood outside of his cabin, hearing his faltered voice made her concerned about him even more. "Steve was a great bear, I'm sorry,"

"I don't want to talk about it!"

Steve died of old age, however Technoblade mourned by himself and even forbade his best friend to comfort her. The bear was his best friend, too, though now he was gone.

"Okay, I'll wait for you." she said softly, knowing he was leaning against the door just like her. "If you need anything else, I'll always be right here, is that okay?"

A tear rolled down on Techno's cheek which he had to wipe off himself. "Keres, I... I think you should just leave."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you should leave! Like, forever! I don't need anyone else in my life, so just get out of it!" more tears gushed down from his eyes.

Keres was taken aback, "Techno, death is an unstoppable thing and pushing away your friends isn't gonna make it any better. But... if that's what you want, I'll leave."

"Fine! Go!"

The aggressiveness mixed with misery in his tone stabbed her like a knife. Keres felt a flash of irritation before telling one last thing to him.

"Fine!"

...

"And that was how I ruined my friendship with Keres five years ago." Techno chugged down an alcoholic drink. "Fuck, I hate myself."

"I'd hate myself, too, mate. Have you seen Keres?! She has 'all the hallmarks of an angel', as you said, and yet you still turned her away?!" Phil couldn't believe the story.

"Cut me some slack. I was a kid blinded by the despair grief of a loved one's death."

"Oh, come on. Even a dumb sixteen year old would know not to waste such beauty and grace." Wilbur debated. "Hey, Tommy, would you ever reject a beautiful woman?"

"The woman would reject me, to be honest." Tommy entered the tavern in the middle of the night, seeing his family intoxicated. "Anyway, what's up, idiots!?"

"Sup, Theseus." the pig waved at him, but the blond boy shook his head as he sat beside them on the counter.

"You're not an idiot, man. It was directed towards everybody else here... mainly Wilbur."

"Don't you dare underestimate Techno's stupidity! Tell him, Philza!"

The elderly man shrugged. "He pushed away the love of his life."

"YOU WHAT?!"

"Heh?! We aren't even together!" his stoned eyes glared at everyone in the room teasing him. "God, I just... if I had a time machine, I'd take back all the things that I've said to her on that day... if she wants to beat me up right now, I'll let her. I don't care. I just want to see her again even if she hates me."

Phil and Will gave each other a look before turning around and pointed at the window with a loud gasp. "OH MY GOD, IS THAT KERES?!"

Technoblade fell from his chair to hide beneath the tabletop.

The men along with Tommy who sipped on a beverage laughed tipsily at the scared man. Even though it was just water on Tommy's glass, he still acted drunken as well as the others.

"Very funny, guys." Techno tried to wipe off the spilled alcohol on his shirt but it wouldn't come off.

"Don't worry, mate. You'll meet her again on the Manberg versus Pogtopia war."

The pig stopped in his tracks at what Philza said. Keres lived in Manberg now, the opposing country of Pogtopia where he resided, and soon there will be a war between the two states.

He was gonna meet her on the war? Techno thought to himself as he proceeded to the bathroom to wipe off the stain.

"I wonder what Keres is like now... probably a goddess at fencing, that's for sure." he mumbled under his breath, washing his shirt. "Blood goddess, wow."

"Keres? You mean that misfit white lady?" a guy with horns got out of the bathroom stall. "What about her?"

"None of your business, Schlatt."

"Holy shit, don't tell me..." he scooted over closer to him. "You have a crush on her, don't you?"

Techno clenched his jaw, annoyance pulsing through his pulse as he stared at the guy's mock look on his face through their reflection. He was Keres' bully before.

"You're not denying it?! So, it is true! That's hilarious! A freak and a hog?! A match made in the Zoo! Oh, man!-"

Jschlatt sprinted out of the bathroom with a black eye.

"Oh my god..." Wilbur, Philza and Tommy gasped at the ram streaking to leave the tavern, followed by Techno who stopped by the counter. "What the hell happened?!"

The man stretched his sore knuckles with an unbothered expression. "He just has a punchable face, doesn't he?"

"What are you guys still doing here?" BadBoyHalo checked up on them worriedly in the local pub. "Are you guys okay?"

"Pogging through the fuckin' pain!" Tommy sobbed, giving the hooded man a thumbs up.

"Everything's okay. Thanks for asking." Wilbur gave the boy an innocent side hug to suppress whatever manic actions he'll do next.

"Well, alright. It's getting late, though, you guys should go home. Stay safe!"

"You too, Bad!"

Philza then faced Techno while heading out of the tavern. "All jokes aside, mate. You and Keres will be alright."

"Really?" he looked back at him, his pink eyes hopeful, as his close friend nodded.

"Sometimes, everything has to fall apart just for it to come back together again. And if you love her, don't ever put yourself in a position to lose her again."