↳ 𝟺

𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗘 𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗭𝗢𝗡 and coats of snow melting on treetops. Keres lodged inside the room where Harper was in, watching her safely sound asleep.

Little by little with all the birds chirping outside, Harper awoke. The woman was beaming to see the cat's pupils dilate at her.

"Hi, Harp." she grinned with it purring melodically.

Harper held out her paw to touch her hand, but in only went through her. The cat rolled around whilst Keres caressed her fur with her psyche hands, acting as if it gave as much love.

Harper jumped out of the bed, the ghost shadowing from behind. Along the hallway, Keres stopped at an open room.

The black cat paused to look at her owner, giving her an encouraging meow before she left her alone. It was Techno's room. He was reading a book quietly by the window.

Carefully, she floated inside to check what he was reading. Keres didn't want to disturb him, so eventually, she just started reading the novel along in silence.

It was a lie to say she wasn't stealing glances of him from time to time. His elbow rested on the desk with his face on his hand, sunlight seeping through the pane to his fawn skin.

When Technoblade was about to flip the page, Keres abruptly placed her hand over the book to stop him.

"Wait, I wasn't finished—"

"OH, GOD!" he bellowed at the sudden white hand. "I didn't know you where there!"

"Sorry, I wasn't finished reading yet." she said sheepishly as he took off his reading glasses. "And, um, I've already made my decision."

Techno raised both of his eyebrows, letting her continue.

"Since I don't want to go back to the afterlife, I'm gonna find a place to stay." she nodded at her own words. "I'm sure me and Harper can find shelter, and I don't know how I'll be able to physically take care of her, but surely I'll find a way—"

"You can stay here for as long as you want." he cut her off.

Keres observed how he smoothly leaned back on his chair, arms on the armrests. "Thanks for taking care of her."

"Of course. Her mother wouldn't want to leave her stray." he earnestly said to her.

The woman looked away to hide her small smile and looked up at him after reclaiming herself. "Well, that's all I have to say. Thank you. Again."

Techno nodded, watching her as she left the room. He exhaled a breath he didn't know he kept in. His eyes traveled outside the window, leisurely realizing there was something missing. His horse was gone.

As he stood from his chair to get out of his room however, he saw the ghost still standing by his room.

"Where are you going?" she acted as if she hadn't been abiding in the middle of the hallway.

"I'm going to find Carl." he walked towards the clothes hanger to wear his red cape. "My horse. He's been apprehended."

"I'll go with you—"

"You can't." the pig cut her off.

"Why not? I want to help you look for your horse, too! What else am I supposed to do here? Wait?" she trailed after him but he halted so she would also stop.