↳ 𝟽

𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘 engulfed Keres' brain constantly. After Techno's request, he had to go back to his horse before she could say anything.

"What do you think, Harper?" she had been caressing her black cat's fur for the past few hours to give her a cold relaxing breeze while contemplating things.

"Do you think he meant what he said?" she whispered. "That he... wanted to be the reason for me to stay? What did he even mean by that?"

Harper stared at the woman with her big green eyes and meowed.

"You're right." a sigh left her mouth, excusing herself from her cat to float around the cabin and awaited outside of Techno's room.

"Techno! How are you? No..." she mumbled to herself, standing outside of his door. "Hi, about yesterday... what did you mean by what you said? Ugh..."

Harper skimmed through Keres' leg and creaked open the door in front of her. Surprised at the action, she tried to close the door again though her hands only went through it.

"Hi, Harp- JESUS CHRIST!" Techno was alerted to see Keres standing at his door.

"H-hello!" she innocently smiled, observing the man who was wearing his glasses and had a quill on his desk. "What are you writing?"

"Nothing." he faced the paper upside down to hide the ink marks as the cat sat on his lap.

"It doesn't sound like nothing." she narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously and flew to his table, unable to touch the parchment so she tried to blow it around.

"Seriously, it's nothing." he held the paper down but then Harper took it from him and flipped it with her claws.

𝙺𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕

"Woah!" Techno immediately crumpled the paper before she could finish reading a single sentence. He shut it inside of his cabinet, cradling Harper tight in his arms.

Know that I'll still what? She pondered, feeling as though the phrase was familiar.

Keres was about to say something but suddenly, a crow flew towards the open window with a letter in it's beak.

"It's from Phil." he accepted the letter and deciphered it silently. "He says they know where I am. Get ready old friend."

Oh god, I gave Phil a compass to my base... Panic creeped into both of their consciousness. They knew Philza was talking about the Butcher Army as pressure soaked in the air like humidity.

"What are you gonna do?"

"I've given up my violent ways." he massaged the bridge of his nose and wrote a response quickly for the crow to send back.

"What are we gonna do?" she asked.

Techno paused from adding ink to his quill, staring down at the parchment. With a deep sigh, he presumed to feed the crow some seeds before it flew again with the final letter.

"We have to leave."

In a rush, the man brought all of his essential stuff and armored his horse with diamond protection as they departed from the cabin. Harper lounged atop of Carl's saddle whilst Techno leaded the way alongside Keres.