↳ 𝟼

𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘 after the two successfully completed the puzzle base.

"Thank you for retrieving my horse, but I'm not cutting my hair." said Techno, tying Carl's lead around his fence firmly. "I don't even allow Phil to do it."

"Why not? You'll look so much hotter if your hair's cut short."

Techno nearly dropped the apple he was about to feed Carl. "What?"

The ghost laughed at his reaction, leaving him wildered without an answer. Wandering around the place's every corner, she observed every detail from the wood to the leaves to see how much has changed ever since ten years.

Then she saw something new beyond his backyard.

A tombstone.

Withered flowers were decorated on the boulder along with Steve's name carved on it. A frown crept on her face as she sat by the stone, tracing a finger at the bear's initials.

"I miss him a lot." she sighed. Techno sat next to hear by the headstone. "Those times in the river when we played who could catch the most fishes. Steve would always win, of course."

"He wins all of our games." he stared at his bear's name on the grave as their minds flooded with memories. "I miss him, too. Everyday."

Keres noticed his sadness swelling inside of him, drenching the air with grief so she tried to lighten it up. "Hey, do you remember that time we were trying to catch salmons but Steve pushed us into the river?"

It took a moment for Techno to chuckle. "Oh, yeah. We ended up splashing each other with water so Steve had to help dry us up."

"Right! Or that time Steve got stuck inside a small tunnel. It was so hard getting him out since he was so big."

"God, I can still feel his heaviness." they laughed, reminiscing the memory. The children nearly fainted of the bear's weight many years ago, as if they were pushing massive fluffy boulder.

"I miss my old life." she emitted a nostalgic smile. Everything was so much better for her back then. Keres wasn't sure if it was because she was a kid, or if it was because she was a kid with someone.

"How was your life in Manberg, then?" he asked.

"Oh, it was shit." she shrugged. "It was the most difficult decision I made. I never got used to my life there. Everything was about training, politics, and dumb people."

Training? That's why she got better... Techno mindlessly snickered. "Sorry, it's just that... how did you manage to live with them for five years?"

"Trust me, hell was better than that place." she rolled her eyes, but he tittered once more. "You try living with them for five years, if you're so confident! Let's see if you'll last a second."

"No thank you. Theseus is enough to piss me off." he said, talking about the blond boy which made her laugh in agreement. "So, how did you get through it?"

Techno followed where her eyes leaded to, setting upon the black cat who was lying on Carl's back by the porch.

"If she wasn't here right now, I'd probably go back to the afterlife. She's the only reason why I'm staying." she said, sensing his mouth drop into a frown. "But anyways, I've been thinking... can you still turn into a pig?"

Technoblade's nose turned into a pig's snout, oinking with it and making her laugh until her cheeks hurt.

"Awesome." she grinned after his normal roman nose was back, putting her hand on the ground but it accidentally brushed against his arm.

The two went quiet, conscious of what they just felt.

Then, Techno didn't know what crossed his mind to hold her hand, but he did so anyway.

Crisp air made his fingertips quiver, warmth in her cold phantom palm. His hand only went through hers. Keres couldn't precisely feel his touch, but at the same time, it was there.

Techno tightened his grip a little as the ghost eventually did the same, looking up at his pink eyes that yearned. There was something so healing about the sun shining on his face in winter.

"I want to be the reason you want to stay," he said. "Let me be the reason for you to stay."

...

"PHILZA, JUST TELL US! THIS IS FOR THE COUNTRY! THIS IS NOT A REQUEST, THIS IS A DEMAND!" Quackity raged.

"First of all, where do you think this loyalty that I have for this country exists?" Philza snapped back. "I am not loyal to this country at all."

The Butcher Army, comprised up of Quackity, Fundy, Tubbo and Ranboo executed their plot to kill Technoblade. The group suspected that Philza, currently arrested in L'Manberg had some ties to the pig so they interrogated him.

"Also, Techno and I go way back. We do not ride out on each other."

"Yeah, but I'm your grandson-"

"I don't care." he cut Fundy off. "You're covered in blood looking at me as if you've murdered a person."

"What the fuck!" the fox gasped dramatically, looking down at his apron that was splattered with... "IT'S SWEET POTATOES! They're red! We make exquisite meals!"

"Those are not sweet potatoes."

"They are!" they tried to cover up the lie since all of them had blood on their aprons, though the blond man didn't believe them one bit.

"Okay, what about Keres, do you know where she is?"

"Who's Keres?" he tried to play dumb, earning a disappointed sigh from all.

"Philza Minecraft, we tried to do this the civil way."

"If you're not gonna help us, you'll die!" Tubbo threatened him, who was held back by Ranboo.

"If you're not gonna help us do it the easy way, we're gonna have to do it the hard way." Quackity shared a twisted smile. "Right?"

"Right?" Phil repeated.

He was raising a brow as the group gave the man with a rigorous, silent glare for a long second, waiting for the disastrous thing that was about to commence.

"Alright fellas, look through." Quackity ordered, rummaging through all the places in Philza's house.

Everyone started opening confidential chests, broke glass windows, flower vases, even damaged the flowers itself, just to find some hint they could use to tell where Techno is.

"Oh my god." the man crossed his arms in distress.

"Fuck your barrels!"

"I'm gonna burn your flowers!"

"Hey, big Q!" Tubbo called out. "Look what I found."

"What is that?" the army stared at the compass Tubbo was holding, then back to Philza who looked as though his heart dropped.

By the looks of his face and a couple more minutes to put all the puzzle pieces together, they all began laughing psychotically whilst the man gulped.

"Shit."

Quackity grinned evilly, holding the object up at his face. "This is a compass called Techno's compass."