↳ 𝟸𝟽

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗢𝗡 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗬 who were being chased by Quackity, Purpled, and Puffy until they reached outside.

Event organizers of the Red Banquet were nowhere to be found as the people who stayed inside celebrated their victory.

"WOOHOO! WE'RE SAVED!" the guests jumped in joy hugging each other.

Although they were freely honoring the rescue, Keres couldn't help but feel like she could faint any second now. She tapped Techno's arm to let him know what she was sensing, but when he turned around, she was already on the floor.

"Keres!" Nihachu dashed towards the woman as Technoblade knelt on the ground to lift her body. "Are you okay?!"

"It's hot in here..." she breathed out through pale lips. Albinos were sensitive to heat and can burn easily, thus she was flaring due to the lava around the room.

"SOMEONE GET ME A FAN!-" but then the pig paused in fanning her with his hand when he discerned something coming out of her abdomen. "What... what is this?"

Keres turned over a bit to pull the arrow stuck behind her as everyone gasped in shock. "Ah, shit."

"Who shot you?!" Niki frantically fanned her with a cardboard while the man aided the blood seeping out of her stomach.

Earlier while Ponk took Antfrost's crossbow, he shot Keres from the back on their way of retreating, though they were all distracted that no one saw it happen.

"You're gonna be alright, alright?!" Techno urged, carrying her in his arms and stood. "I'm gonna take you to the hospital and... you have it with you, right? Where's your purse?"

The albino hesitated to answer, her chest aching with guilt. She knew he was asking about the totem of undying that could save her from an intense situation like this, but she couldn't bare to give him a direct response.

"We weren't allowed to bring any tools with us so they let us leave it in the coat room." Awesamdude spoke out, leaving to retrieve her purse.

"Techno," she held his face and forced him to look at her, grief reflecting in her shiny red eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you saying sorry? Save up your energy, Keres! The hospital's still a long way from here! Besides, you're gonna be fine as long as it's with you!"

"Here," Sam came back in a swish and gave them the purse. Nihachu opened it since Techno was cradling his wife, their faces all fell to see what was in the small bag.

There was nothing inside.

"Where's the totem?" his pink eyes stared at the empty purse, mind spinning in confusion.

"I'm sorry." she repeated. "I... I left it."

A dull spike of fear clawed up his stiff spine, making each breath tight. Keres was already losing a lot of blood as she remembered the time she passed out when she was with Dream and Jada.

She didn't want to leave again, but she also didn't want to stop it.

"Where did you leave it? Tell me where it is. I'll go get it, don't worry!"

"Techno, please, just... take care of Harper for me and... take care of yourself. Live for me, okay?"

"Why are you saying this?! You're not gonna die! I'm not gonna let that happen! We're gonna find a way, Keres! Trust me!"