↳ 𝟹

𝗔𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗘, 𝗞𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦 𝗕𝗘𝗚𝗔𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗝𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗡𝗘𝗬 to find the wanted fugitive. She insisted to the army that she would find Technoblade by herself, but before they could respond, she vanished immediately.

There was no time to waste when your pet was being held captive.

"If Techno's where I think he is... I'm gonna lose it." Keres mumbled to herself, soaring around in her flowing white nightgown.

Find the pig, bring back Harper, leave without a trace, give Quackity the location, live with Harper again. That's it.

A cold shiver ran up her spine while soaring around the icy biome. Blizzard-like clouds drifted above the blanket of snow. The palm of her hands went cold, not because of the chilly air, but because of the cabin in she caught a glimpse of in the middle of the woods.

Memories flooded her brain. Memories from when they were friends. Memories from five years ago.

Through the window, a warm light lit up the room. She was right. Someone was there. Keres dashed to the cottage to get a closer look, wanting to confirm if it was in fact him.

With a deep breath, she slid secretly to the porch though instantly regretted it.

An elderly blond man was sitting in the living room sofa, turning still when he saw the ghost. The glass cup fell from his hand as he fainted at her sight.

"Oh no..." she slapped her mouth. Tea was spilled on the wooden floor as the glass shattered, hearing a man run to the noise.

"PHIL?" Technoblade perceived his friend on the floor. "HEH?! WHAT THE?!"

Keres' heart was pounding a million beats per second as they locked eyes. His jaw dropped open in bafflement while her eyes were bloodshot.

"KERES?!"

"WHERE'S HARPER?!"

"HOW ARE YOU HERE?!" he surveyed every detail she had from head to toe, causing her to take a step back every time he trudged forward. "A-are you real?"

His curious eyes pierced through her soul. Her back hit the wall as they were only inches apart, so she submerged inside the wall and came back to stand behind him.

"I'm here for one reason and one reason only, Techno. What have you done to Harper?!"

"She's in the room!" he answered. In the next moment, she whizzed pass by him to get inside the territory without permission.

"HARPER?!" she descried the black cat lying on a round bed suitable for her. Keres' expression softened to see the feline unharmed. It made her perplexed. "She's not... huh? She's not held hostage?"

"Of course she isn't." Techno promptly entered the room which made the woman jump. "Why would I? I'm the one who gave her to you."

"But I don't get it... Quackity said—"

"Quackity?" he queried, furrowing his brows. The name irked him.

"I... what? Who mentioned Quackity? Did you mention Quackity? Pfft..." Keres fixed her hair anxiously, but Techno did not believe her innocent smile. "Alright look, when I was in the afterlife, Quackity possessed Schlatt to make a deal with me."

Panic weighed down Techno's shoulders as she explained further. Each word that came out of her mouth made him breath heavier and heavier.

"So he lied to me and said you held Harper captive just so I can give him your location. To be honest, I didn't think you'd be here because this server's huge and you could be anywhere—"

"I thought I'd never see you again." he cut her off. Keres almost forgot that she was dead. One moment she was stuck in the afterlife, and now she was given a second chance.

"Why would you care?"

Techno flinched at the question. Why would he care? Was that even a proper question? He saw his best friend drop dead on that day.

"Why would I care?" he repeated, closing the door so their racket wouldn't disturb Harper sleeping. "Keres, for five years, we were the closest friends. But do you really want to know why I actually care?"

"Why? Say it. Why do you care, Techno?"

"I liked you." he admitted. "For the longest time. That's why I cared, okay?"

Keres fell silent, and so did he, trying not to look at her while massaging his head. He... loved her? That meant... in their five years of spending time together, he fell in love with her at one point?

"Why... did you become distant, then?"

"I just needed some time to myself." he breathed out apologetically. "After Steve died, I was lost. I wanted to reach out to you again, but do you know what was the first thing I heard? "Keres sided with Manberg." You teamed up with the only people I was up against! Why?!"

"Techno, you were my best friend, and you pushed me away." Keres retorted. "I guess I was too blinded by the hatred you gave after you broke my heart... that's why I wanted to try to be your enemy. To break yours too."

"Well, you sure did." he sighed.

The atmosphere was still unbreathable and overwhelming, though after hearing their own point of views and reasons, their hatred for each other faded a little bit now. Slowly by slowly, they understood where they were coming from.

"That was the most miserable story I've ever heard." The blond man shook his head.

"Phil?!" Techno and Keres were both surprised to see him standing in the hallway.

"Have you been there this whole time?"

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks for leaving me unconscious on the floor." he said bitterly. "You know what I think, though? It's that you should apologize to each other."

The two stared at each other in the long silence, raising a brow of doubt.

"Oh, come on. After listening to that long essay you pricks just belted your hearts out, I didn't hear a single "I'm sorry." Go on." he placed his hands on his hips like a probing mother.

Keres hesitated to make the first move, and Techno was aware of that as a person who knows her a little too well than anybody else.

"Okay," he started, focusing on her crystalline eyes with a genuine look. "Sorry. I want you to know that I regretted pushing you away. I... lost everything that day. I even lost you."

Keres was constantly glancing down at the floor to avoid his gaze; his sorrow dragged her down like a vengeful current.

The ghost flew out of the hallway before even uttering a word.

"Listen, man. Let go of past damages, forgive those who wronged you, and learn to forgive yourself for your mistakes." Phil said before allowing Techno to go after her.

Outside, the dark canvas of a sky was painted with freckles of stars. Keres leaned against the back porch under the moonlight, being one with the silence for a moment.

"I'm sorry, too." she mumbled when she felt Techno's presence. "It's just that... we promised that we won't leave each other. It... it hurt, you know? You... you pinky promised."

Technoblade stayed next to her in the comforting tranquility. That faithful day when she died... he thought that was the end. But now, it seemed as though it was only the beginning.

"I know a 'sorry' isn't enough, but I'm here now. And if you want, I'm not gonna leave you again."