s e v e n

zaizi's p.o.v

i groaned opening my eyes and taking a deep breath while stretching. my nostrils were invaded by the stench of sick.

at that moment i heard gagging from beside me and turned my head to see myla sat cross legged on my bedroom floor with her head in a bin.

"morning" i croaked

"ughhhhh" was all she managed to reply which made me smile

i grabbed my phone from the bed side table to see that i had a lot of new comments on instagram having a lot of things to say about the content of my post last night, i just decided to laugh it off.

then a text popped up from the top of my phone

kit😏can we meet today? i need to talk to you x

i reread over notification until it off of my screen but even then i didn't move from the position i was in. i was overthinking like crazy as to what he wanted to talk to me about.

i turned to myla and ignored the fact she was still throwing her guts up into my bin.

"myla! emergency" i exclaimed

"fuck off wait until i'm a little bit more alive" she groaned

"no u freak get ur head out of my bin"

she pulled her head out and had dribble hanging down from her lip, mascara all the way down her face and her hair was all over the place.

"i don't you remember you being drunk enough for this bad of a hangover" i giggled

"i drunk texted cormac last night so after you passed out i finished the bottle of vodka to drown out the embarrassment" she huffed

"oh m" i tried to suppress my laughter as i knew i drunk called kit last night so i didn't have a foot to stand on.

"it's not good zaiz i was telling him all the things i was him to 'do' to me" she cringed putting air quotations around the do

at this point i couldn't help my laughter and it came flooding out.

"oh my god myla" i almost screamed

"zaizi please don't" i realised she was quite upset about it so i stopped laughing straight away

"sorry babe" i sympathised  "i'm sure he'll understand, everyone's been drunk and sent drunk texts it happens to the best of us"

"yeah i guess" she sighs "anyway what's your emergency about"

"kit wants to meet to 'talk'" this time it's my turn to use air quotes as i explain my situation to my best friend

"oh shit do you know what it's about" she asked hesitantly

"nope not at all" i replied.

we both just look at each other, feeling sorry for each other on the outside but deep down knowing we'll be able to laugh about it sooner or later.

i had told kit to meet me in the pub that was in the middle of both our houses at 1, i don't know how i was even going to face alcohol again.

i look down at my phone to see it read 12:03, i knew i needed to get up and make myself look a little bit presentable, but my anxiety was making me feel as if i was glued down to my bed.

"darling" i heard from beside me, i had completely forgot myla was there "i know you feel as if you can't move right now but i promise you it will all be okay, you'll be fine, you've got this" she reassured me

myla and i then both took some deep breaths together before i dragged myself out of bed and got ready to meet kit.

i left my house at 12:40 to leave myself enough time to get to the pub so i wasn't late. as i was walking through the streets i was having to remind myself to take deep breaths and not let anything get on top of me.

as i turned the corner and the pub came into view i saw kit sat outside the front on one of the tables, i wasn't surprised he was sat outside as it was a beautiful day. however i mentally cursed myself for him being here before me.

i wanted to be able to get in before him and give myself time to calm down but now i was having to jump straight in at the deep-end.

i walk up to the table where kit was situated and as i was a few steps away he noticed me and got up and to my surprise came over and hugged me.

i reluctantly hugged him back not knowing what was going on.

"sorry" he mumbled pulling away

"no worries" i laughed awkwardly

"i got you a vodka lemonade, your favourite" he said with a smile "but i also got you some water incase you don't feel like drinking after last night" he laughed

"oh yeah sorry about that" i laughed

"why are you apologising" he questioned

"for the drunk call" i replied shyly

"oh don't be silly no need to reply about that i'm just glad that i heard from you" he said timidly

"i was getting quite worried about you not gonna lie" he admitted

"really?"

"yeah i really was"

and as i was sat there with kit across the table from me the sun gleaming in his eyes making them glisten and making the freckled all over his face extra prominent. i couldn't help but smile, as i genuinely felt happy.