Chapter 19

Morgan and I had been back from the cabin for 2 days and I was ignoring everyone. Steve had also been ignoring me and I was fine with that, he hurt me and there was nothing he could say to me right now that would make this okay. I was sitting in my room when there was a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Pepper." She said and I got up opening the door. She was carrying some garment bags and I looked at her oddly.

"What is going on?" I asked and she sighed.

"Tony is throwing a party and he wants you to come but everyone likes to dress nicely so I brought you some options." Pepper said and hung the bags on my closet door.

"Oh I don't know...." I said and she shook her head.

"He said to tell you that attendance is mandatory." Pepper said rolling her eyes as we laughed.

"Okay well I will pick a dress and be there. What night?" I asked.

"Friday night so a couple days to decide." She said and I nodded.

"Can I bring a date?" I asked and she smiled with a nod.

"Of course. You going with someone here?" Pepper asked and I laughed.

"Yeah nope." I said and she gave a small smile.

"Are you going to cause drama?" Pepper asked and I shook my head.

"Nope." I said and she smiled with a nod.
"Okay, well pick a dress. If you want my opinion I think the blue one will be lovely on you." Pepper said and I nodded as she left the room.

❤ 🤍 💙 ❤ 🤍 💙

Night of the party I had picked the blue dress that Pepper suggested

Night of the party I had picked the blue dress that Pepper suggested. It was very low cut and floor length but had a slit up to almost my hip. I sighed looking in the mirror as I adjusted the dress and fixed my hair. There was a knock on my door.

"It's open." I said and the door opened and I saw Bucky standing there. I still had been ignoring him since I figured it out he told Steve where I was.

"Hey, I was wondering if you needed an escort to the party. Wanda said she would share me with you." Bucky said and I shook my head.

"No, I have a date coming." I said and Bucky looked at me oddly.

"Is this what you went out for the other day?" Bucky asked and I shrugged turning to look at him.

"I don't think that's any of your business. Like it wasn't your business to tell Steve where I was Bucky." I said and he hung his head.

"He would have been worried." Bucky said.

"And he ruined any chance with me by showing up with what happened." I said and Bucky looked at me confused. I just shook my head.

"I have to go wait for my date." I said and walked past Bucky at my door. He shut the door to my room as I walked down to the door everyone was coming in at. Finally I saw him and smiled seeing him in a blue dress shirt and black dress slacks and he smiled at me.