Chapter 5

Once we arrived at the zoo Morgan was practically bouncing in her seat as Steve parked the SUV.

"Hey, can we set some ground rules before we get out of the car?" I asked turning to look at Morgan as Steve found a parking space and parked.

"What rules?" Morgan asked.

"You are to constantly hold my hand or Steve's hand at all times. Never leave our line of sight, you want to go somewhere you tell us." I said and Steve scoffed.

"Problem?" I asked.

"She is a kid, she is excited. It's the zoo, don't make it like an army training camp with all these rules." Steve said.

"You would know all about that Captain." I said glaring at him.

"Stop!" Morgan said from the backseat.

"No more fighting! We are at the zoo! Zoo means no fighting." Morgan said. Steve and I looked at each other.

"Alright, let's go in." I said and got out of the car. Once we paid admission I grabbed Morgan's hand and she was bouncing with excitement.

"Where to first?" I asked her and she pointed but also ran towards the elephants. Steve followed and I let go of her hand while she leaned on the fence watching and I took tons of pictures.

"So about the other day...." Steve said coming up to me and I shook my head.

"I don't want to talk about it Steve. You questioned my intentions and I now you know that I am only here for Morgan." I said and he groaned.

"Come on Holly, I am trying here." Steve said.

"Trying Steve? It's been days since that happened and you still have the stick up your ass. Look I know you guys lost some people that you couldn't bring back after the war and yet people, like myself got to come back which I am grateful for. I don't know if you lost someone who didn't come back or what not but taking it out on me and all the previous nannies isn't going to bring them back." I said and Steve sighed. I left him standing there and walked over to Morgan.

❤ 🤍 💙 ❤ 🤍 💙

Couple hours later we were still going around the zoo but Morgan was getting hot as was I.

"Why don't we stop and get something to drink?" I said and Morgan nodded as we walked inside to a little food court area.

"You want something to eat too? You haven't eaten since breakfast?" I asked her and she smiled.

"Cheeseburger." She said and I smiled. I looked at Steve.

"You want something? It's on Tony." I said with a smile and Steve shook his head.

"I'm fine." Steve said and I groaned. He had been an ass since we had our small talk earlier in the day.

"You know this day is about Morgan, not you." I said and he groaned and walked out.

"Where is Uncle Steve going?" Morgan asked sad.

"To see his relatives at the donkey exhibit." I said and Morgan laughed. We walked up to the counter and I placed the order and we got some food and drinks. Steve came walking in while we were eating and I handing him a bag and a bottle of water.

"Burger, fries and a water." I said and he groaned.

"Thanks." He said and opened the bog.

"How are your relatives?" Morgan asked and Steve looked at her confused as my eyes about bugged out of my head.

"What are you talking about sweetie?" Steve asked.

"When you left Ollie said you were going to see your relatives at the donkey exhibit." Morgan said and I groaned but tried to hide my smile. Steve glared at me.

"Really?!" Steve asked.

"It was a joke Steve." I said annoyed.

"Everything is a joke to you. Is taking care of Morgan a joke too?!" Steve asked and I groaned.

"Morgan, are you done?" I asked and she nodded as I threw her thrash away.

"We will be out in the zoo most likely seeing the giraffe's. Find us when you are done." I said and he groaned as Morgan and I walked out and headed towards the giraffe's.

"Ollie...?" Morgan asked.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Sorry I asked Steve to come." Morgan said and I stopped walking and crouched down to her level.

"Hey, never apologize for doing something you wanted to do. Steve and I just don't seem to be getting along much." I said and Morgan sighed.

"Do you think you ever will?" Morgan asked.

"Doesn't seem likely." Steve said towering over me. I rolled my eyes and stood up facing Steve.

"You shouldn't stop in the middle of the walkway to talk, maybe take it off to the side." Steve said and I groaned.

"Or maybe people can just walk around me. I was having a talk with a little girl." I said and Steve just shook his head.

"It's just rude." Steve said.

"Yeah well having a stick permanently up your ass is rude too." I said.

"At least I know what my problem is, what's your excuse?" Steve asked.

"My excuse for what?! I haven't done anything!" I said annoyed.

"No just throwing an orange at my head and a book in my chest...." Steve trailed off.

"Right when you provoked me!" I said and groaned. I stuck my hand out.

"Morgan, come on, let's go." I said and she didn't take my hand. I looked down and she was gone.

"Morgan?" I asked looking around.

"Where did she go?" Steve asked and I panicked.

"I don't know Steve! I was too busy arguing with you!" I screamed shoving him.

"MORGAN!!" I yelled and started running around.

"MORGAN STARK!" Steve yelled. I started checking behind everything and exhibits that were close. I ran back into Steve.

"Steve...." I said and he growled.

"You are so fired." Steve said and I smacked him across his face and kept looking for Morgan. I ran to the carousel and I found her on a horse and it was getting ready to go. I ran through the gate and jumped on the carousel at it started. I got up to her and hugged her.

"What were you thinking running away from Steve and I?" I asked annoyed.

"I was tired of the fighting. I don't like fighting." Morgan said and I groaned and hung my head. Steve was standing on the side of the carousel and saw us. I saw him on the phone knowing he was calling Pepper or Tony.

"We are sorry okay, Steve and I just don't like each other and probably never will." I said and she nodded. I sighed.

"Listen, I may not be your nanny after this little incident today. I just want to let you know I have loved spending time with you." I said and she hugged me. The carousel stopped and we got off. Morgan walked up to Steve and hung her head.

"I'm sorry I ran away." Morgan said.

"Well I think it's time to go home." Steve said and I nodded. He picked up Morgan and we all walked out in silence.

"You call Tony?" I asked and Steve nodded. I just hung my head as we walked in silence to the car. We loaded Morgan in the car and then got in. As Steve pulled out of the parking lot my cellphone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Ms. Adams, It's nurse Hunter." I heard the voice said and my eyes closed.