Chapter 12

Once we got back from the park I took a quick shower and I got ready for my date with Steve. I wasn't sure if this was right but I answered Steve before I even had time to think about anything else. Steve told me to dress however I would like and I wasn't sure what to wear. I went through my closet and found a short-sleeved navy blue polka with white polka dot dress that tied around the waist, was V-neck and hit mid-thigh. 

I wore my hair down and I put in some slip-on white tennis shoes for comfort. As I walked downstairs I ran into Pepper.

"Going out?" She asked and I smiled.

"Uh yeah....Steve and I are going out." I said and she smiled at me.

"Have fun." She said and I walked down to find Steve standing at the front door in his black t-shirt from earlier, leather jacket, black jeans and belt. I smiled when I saw him and he smiled seeing me.

 I smiled when I saw him and he smiled seeing me

"You look amazing." Steve said and I smiled.

"So do you." I said and Steve extended his hand to me and I took it and we headed out to his truck.

"So what's the plan?" I asked and Steve smiled and shook his head.

"For me to know and you to find out." Steve said and I laughed as he opened the door for me and I got in the truck. Before he shut the door he leaned into me and I smiled.

"Yes Captain?" I asked and he smiled and he placed his lips gently on mine and gave me a small kiss. I smiled at him when we broke apart.

"Buckle up." Steve said and I gave a small laugh. I grabbed the seat belt as he closed the door and then got in on his side and put on his seat belt. As Steve drove he grabbed my hand and held it the entire time and I smiled. He parked at a small pizza shop and I smiled.

"What kind do you want?" Steve asked as we got out of the car.

"Pepperoni." I said.

"Okay wait here." Steve said and rushed inside and I sat on a bench outside the shop.

"Steve came out with 2 pieces of pizza in a to go box and handed me one.

"We are walking and eating in central park." Steve said and we walked down the block and across to the park and I smiled.

"This is perfect." I said and Steve smiled as I took a bite of the pizza and moaned. Steve looked at me and we both laughed.

"Sorry, I haven't had pizza in so long." I said and Steve smiled.

"Well happy I could help with that." Steve said and I nodded. He handed me the drink he also go for us to split and I took a drink. We walked in silence as we ate. Once we were done we threw out trash away and we continued to walk the park.

"So, I know you went and saw your mom the other day..." Steve said and I nodded with smile.

"Steve, she is so much better off where Tony moved her. She remembers more, she's in counseling, on the right medications. I saw a complete change." I said and smiled at Steve since he remembered.

"That's amazing Holly." Steve said and linked my arm in his and he smiled.

"Thank you for asking Steve." I said and he nodded.

"Of course." Steve said.

"This night is amazing." I said and Steve smiled.

"We are just walking Central Park." Steve said and I shrugged.

"I'm a simple girl Steve, I don't need anything super fancy. I like simple dates of pizza and walking in the park." I said.

"Got it." Steve said and I laughed.

"You planning on more dates Rogers?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Not sure, that's up to you and how you feel." Steve said and I smiled up at him. I moved my hand down his arm and intertwined our fingers.

"Right now I feel pretty good." I said and Steve smiled bringing my hand up to his lips and kissing it. As we walked there was a street band playing and we stopped to listen. They started playing a slow melody and Steve smiled at me.

"Dance with me?" Steve asked and I nodded as he placed on hand around my waist and held my other and I placed my one his shoulder. We started dancing and I smiled up at Steve. Once the ended Steve dipped me and I laughed. We he brought me back up and kissed me gently that soon turned passionate as his tongue asked for entrance and I allowed it. We broke a part after a few minutes and I smiled as he took my hand and we continued walking. It started to get chilly and I cuddled closer to Steve. He took his jacket off.

"Here." Steve said and helped me put the jacket on that was huge on me.

"Are you sure. I don't want you to be cold." I said and she shook head.

"I'll be fine." Steve said.

"Thank you." I said and he smiled. He looked at his watch.

"I never thought to ask and I know it's a stupid question but do you have some kind of curfew as Morgan's nanny?" Steve asked and I laughed as did he.

"Not curfew technically but that kid is up with the crack of dawn sometimes." I said and Steve smiled and nodded.

"I've never seen you two up that early." Steve said and I looked at him.
"Are you up that early?" I asked and he nodded.

"I like to run the track and then get my workout in." Steve said and I nodded.

"Over achiever." I said and he laughed.

"And you never see us up that early because if Morgan comes in my room I convince her to lay with me and sleep a little longer." I said and Steve laughed.

"How do you do that?" Steve asked.

"Bribing usually." I said and Steve laughed and shook his head.

"That little girl loves you so much." Steve said and I smiled.

"And I love her. She is amazing." I said and Steve smiled.

"So before the blip, you said you were a teacher?" Steve asked.

"Yeah kindergarten." I said.

"Why not go back to teaching?" Steve asked and I shrugged.

"No appeal anymore. So much changed in 5 years that I just wanted a change." I said and Steve nodded.

"I get it. That's what I heard from a lot of people that came back." Steve said and I nodded.

"I like this change though." I said and I looked up at Steve.

"Me too." She said. I leaned my head on his arm and we walked for a little longer then headed back to the compound. Once we arrived it was after 10pm and we knew most everyone was asleep so we tried being quiet. Steve shut the door quietly and then gently pinned me against the wall and I smiled at me.

"Can I help you Rogers?" I asked and he leaned in to kiss me and the light in the living room turned on. We both looked before our lips could connect and we saw Bucky sitting there looking at us.