Chapter 8

I took a deep breath as we all sat down in Tony's office.

"Listen, I know I have only been here a couple days but I have grown to love you guys and Morgan especially and I want to thank you for doing all you have done for my mom. I know you know about what happened at the zoo yesterday when I lost Morgan and I would understand if you would like to fire me." I said and I looked at Tony and Pepper. They looked at each other and started laughed.

"Holly, did you think we were seriously going to fire you over that?" Tony asked.

"Well Steve said it was on your radar..." I said and Tony groaned.

"Capsicle can be an ass. He seems to forget we got the whole story from Morgan and know he was involved too." Tony said and Pepper put her hand on mine that was on the arm of the chair.

"Sweetie, everything is fine." Pepper said and I let out a sigh of relief.

"You think I haven't lost her before?!" Tony said and we all laughed.

"He has, several times." Pepper said and we laughed again.

"So everything is okay?" I asked and they both nodded.

"Everything is fine." Pepper said and I smiled.

"And my mom?" I asked and Tony smiled.

"She is settling in nicely. I talked to my doctor this morning and he is doing some adjusting to her meds. She hasn't been on the right stuff. He is asking we stay away for a couple of days so he can get it all set up and taken care of." Tony said and my breath hitched and Pepper squeezed my hand.

"Everything will be okay." Pepper said and I sighed.

"Yeah, I know...just a lot you know?" I said and they nodded.

"I will get you updates all day." Tony said and I nodded.

"Thank you. Um...is it okay if Morgan and I just have a movie day in my room?" I asked and Pepper nodded.

"In fact, use the media room. Someone can show you where it is. It's a huge screen and it will be amazing." Pepper said and I smiled.

"Sounds great. Thanks." I said and I got up to leave.

"Thank you both again for everything." I said. I walked out and back to my bedroom and I saw Bucky sitting on the bed with Morgan and she had her head on his chest and I smiled.

"Hey cuddle bugs." I said and they both looked at me and smiled.

"Hey, everything okay?" Bucky asked and I nodded.

"Yep, perfect. I was actually thinking Morgan and I could have a movie day in the media room!" I said and she got excited.

"Sounds fun! Wish I could join but I have training with Steve and Sam today." Bucky said.

"Join us after training." I said and he nodded.

"Maybe I will, maybe even bring Sam." Bucky said and I hid my disappointment well. It seemed like Bucky didn't want to be alone with just me since our kiss last night.

"Can I go see if Auntie Wanda wants to watch movies with us?" Morgan asked jumping up.

"Sure, I think she is in her room." I said as Morgan ran out of the room and Bucky looked at me.

"What was that look?" Bucky asked turning my TV off.

"What look?" I asked.

"When I said I would invite Sam to watch a movie with us you seemed to get upset." Bucky said and I shrugged.