Chapter 10

Tony and I walked into the new facility and I looked around at how pricey it looked.

"Tony are you sure you can cover this without a problem?" I asked and he smiled at me.

"Sweetie, look at the name on the building." Tony said and I looked.

"Stark Medical Facility." I read out loud and then smiled at him.

"I guess you can." I said and he chuckled. We didn't stop at reception to sign in he just handed me a badge.

"Whenever you come here, never sign in, you don't have to." Tony said and I smiled.

"Just use this badge to get to her floor." Tony said and I nodded.

"And if I bring a visitor?" I asked and Tony smiled at me.

"Like a certain metal armed man?" Tony asked and I looked at the ground and gave a small smile.

"I don't know...things might be complicated with Bucky right now and I came to the compound to do a job." I said and Tony placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I wouldn't expect you to live like a nun either. Trust me Pepper informs me all the time of the cute guys in the compound." Tony said and I laughed as the elevator we had gotten on reached the floor we needed to be on and I sighed.

"It's okay sweetie." Tony said as we walked off the elevator and headed down to a room and I looked in before I walked in and she was sitting up in bed and saw me.

"Holly?" She asked and I smiled and walked in.

"Hey mom." I said and she smiled seeing me. I was on the edge of the bed and she took my hand.

"How are you feeling?" I asked and she sighed.

"They tell me your dad is gone and you came back." She said and I nodded.

"I'm sorry mama." I said and she shook her head.

"That last place I was at never helped." She said and I nodded.

"I know, I'm sorry you were there for so long." I said she shook her head.

"How are we affording this place?" She asked in a whisper and I chuckled.

"My boss owns the place." I said and smiled.

"Well that's nice." She said and we laughed. I looked at saw Tony at the door.

"Mom, this is my boss Tony Stark." I said as Tony walked in and shook my mom's hand.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Adams." Tony said and I smiled.

"Thank you for taking care of my daughter and giving her a job. I know she can be a handful." My mom said.

"Mama!" I said and she laughed as did I. I looked at Tony who was laughing.

"She fits right in with us." Tony said and then looked at me.

"I am going to see the doctor. I will be back soon. Just visit." He said and I nodded. Tony walked out of the room and I looked at my mom smiling knowing she looked so much better.

❤ 🤍 💙 ❤ 🤍 💙

A couple hours later after my mom fell asleep I went and met with the doctor and got some paperwork filled out and got info on things they changed. Tony and I were walking to his car to leave and I stopped and looked at Tony.

"Tony...I can't thank you enough for this. You are bringing her back to me. I know she had too much of a break and I will never fully be back but she is coming back. Thank you so much." I said and pulled him into a hug and he chuckled but hugged me back.

"Hey, kiddo, you are family now. An honorary Stark...we take care of each other." Tony said as we broke apart and I smiled at him. We got in his car and headed back to the compound. When I walked in Bucky was sitting in the living room with Sam and Steve and he saw me smiling. I rushed up to him and hugged him.

"Seeing your mom go well?" Bucky asked and I nodded.

"She was great Buck. She knew I was back and my dad was gone. She is getting better." I said and he smiled as he cupped my face and gave me a small kiss.

"I'm so happy doll." Bucky said and I smiled.

"Can we just got out now? I don't know what you have planned but I'm riding on cloud nine right now and just want to go." I said and Bucky laughed and took my hand.

"See everyone later." Bucky said as we walked out of the compound and to Bucky's motorcycle and I smiled.

"Hop on." Bucky said and I got on and then he did.

"Hold on tight." Bucky said and I wrapped my arms around him and he took off and I smiled. We drove out of the city to a nature park and I looked at Bucky. We got off the bike and Bucky grabbed the satchel from the side of the bike and then took my hand.

"Are we hiking?" I asked and Bucky laughed.

"Just a little one." Bucky said and I sighed but we went walking on the trail and then Bucky headed to a rocky hill to climb up. I stopped and looked at Bucky.

"Buck, I will kill myself climbing this." I said and Bucky laughed. He put the satchel strap across my body and turned around.

"Hop on." Bucky said and I laughed.

"You can't be serious?" I asked.

"Super solider." Bucky said and I laughed and got on his back and he gave me a piggyback ride up the side of the cliff. Once we got to the top I hopped off and he took the satchel as I looked at the view.

"Wow..." I said as it overlooked the city.

"You like?" Bucky asked.

"I love." I said and turned to see a blanket laid out with a bottle of wine and some snack food.

"Bucky...." I said and he smiled and held his hand out to me and I sat down between his legs since he put his knees up and I smiled as he wrapped his arms around me. I found myself aimlessly running my fingers up and down his metal arm along the seams.

"Hey um....I feel like you should know, I heard you talking to Steve this morning." I said and he groaned.

"What in all did you hear?" Bucky asked and I sighed.

"That Steve doesn't want us together and you said you would think about it." I said and Bucky sighed.

"Holly listen..." Bucky said and I shook my head and sat up turning to face Bucky.

"Bucky, you need to tell me now if this is what you want? This date is great and I love being up here with you. You are sweet and amazing but if you feel like this isn't what you want I would understand." I said and Bucky sighed and hung his head.

"Holly, you are amazing, wondering and all around perfect. I want to be with you I just have a past that as you see can be scary sometimes. I think maybe....we might have moved a little fast and just need to slow up a little bit. I want to try this out with you but I don't want anything to go wrong." Bucky said and placed his hand on my cheek and I smiled.

"What could go wrong?" I asked and he sighed.

"Just things. Nothing we need to concern ourselves with now. Right now let's just slow up. I will start sleeping in my own room again and we go from there." Bucky said and I nodded.

"Now come on, relax with me." Bucky said and I smiled and I got back between his legs and leaned back into him. I still had a nagging feeling about being with Bucky like he was hiding more from me that he wanted to admit.