Chapter 1

3rd person's POV
"I just, I know this might sound crazy but— what if we fake dated?" Anne said, but slightly regretted it as soon as it came out of her mouth.

She flushed red as she jumped up which made Anne stare with wide eyes.

"If we what?!"

She gulped nervously and stood up too.

"Marcy, listen, I know you might not want to—"

"No, it's not that! I just— why would that even help?!"

Anne was so caught up in trying to calm her down, she didn't hear the 'it's not that' part, which meant Marcy wasn't opposed to the idea.

"Well— I mean, if she gets jealous then that means she likes me and boom, we can stop acting like we're dating," She said, as if it was the most simplest thing in the world.

"I mean, I guess it'd be hard to believe in Sasha's perspective, since me and you would never date..."

Marcy resisted the urge to say something stupid, and instead pushed her nails into the palm of her hand to distract her from what Anne said.

"Yeah, but— she's smart, I highly doubt Sasha would care anyways."

"Well, remember that when me and her do start dating."

Marcy let out a shaky sigh before shaking her head.

"Anne, I'm not gonna do this."

"Great— what?" She said, expecting Marcy to immediately agree but was shocked when she didn't.

"You heard me, I just think it's dumb—"

Anne frowned before saying. "But— Marcy, please, I know you're a hopeless romantic so, from one to another can you help me out?"

She brought her hands together while pleading with the girl.

Anne knew Marcy was cracking, because she avoided her eyes, so she pulled out the puppy dog eyes.

"Please?"

Marcy closed her eyes before sighing heavily.

"Fine—"

"Yes! You're the best!" Anne said before pulling her into a hug.

Marcy's eyes widened but she glanced down at the other girl with a soft smile before hugging back.

If only she knew.

She pushed that thought away and buried her face into the crook of Anne's neck.

They soon pulled away, too soon for Marcy's liking but she ignored the feeling.

"Alright, we'll start pretending tomorrow—"

"Shouldn't we practice?" Marcy asked.

Anne stared at her in confusion and Marcy blushed in embarrassment.

"I mean— what if we somehow mess up? It's better to be prepared."

Marcy was nervous for Anne's reaction, but she relaxed once Anne smiled and nodded.

"That's a great idea! This is why you're the smart one."

Marcy smiled, but it didn't quite reach her eyes.

This usually ends up with at least one person liking the others in romance movies and shows...

But Anne likes Sasha, that's impossible.

Marcy forced those thoughts away and focused on Anne.

To be continued...