Chapter 9

3rd person's POV
It was the day after, and Marcy woke up to the feeling of Anne cuddled up besides her.

Her eyes softened as she stared at the girl, she really did love her.

She felt herself freeze as a blush made its way on her face.

I love her... Platonically, of course!

Friends can totally just kiss!

Platonic kisses exact, right?

She didn't really believe those thoughts, but she decided to act like she did, she needed to be in denial for a bit, for her best friends.

She sighed and was about to go back to sleep, but once Anne turned around and opened her eyes, she decided not to.

"Good morning, Anne."

The girl tiredly smiled back and said. "Morning."

It went silent again before Anne suddenly sat up which made her look at her.

"Oh frog, yesterday wasn't just a dream, was it?"

Marcy hesitated before shaking her head, which made the other girls shoulders slump.

"Damn..."

"Um... Do you think Sasha's gonna come here or will I have to go find her?"

"I don't know, but let's wait here for a bit, yeah?" Marcy said, not really wanting to accept the fact Sasha and Anne are closer to being together if they see each other.

The brunette was about to protest, but decided she could use some time to herself.

~Time Skip...~
They had spent some time watching a show called Heartstopper.

Anne was squealing over all the cute couples while Marcy tried to figure out why she was relating to Nick Nelson a little too much.

She put her lips in a thin line in thought, and Anne noticed, quickly pausing the show to lean over to her.

Marcy was snapped out of her thinking and turned red once she realized how close they were.

Anne noticed the blush but was more focused on why Marcy seemed a little off.

"Hey, Marcy, you okay?"

The raven-haired girl averted her eyes, already knowing that if she didn't, she'd be looking at her lips.

"Um, I'm fine, why?"

Marcy didn't have to look to know Anne was giving her a stern look, but she looked anyways to realize she was right.

"Marcy, you can tell me the truth,"

"But you don't have to if you don't want to, of course!"

Marcy couldn't help the blush that crossed her face before she whispered to herself, which Anne didn't hear.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"Um, have... you related to any of the characters so far?"

Anne paused in thought, before nodding.

"I've related to Charlie and Darcy the most I'd say."

Marcy tried to think why she would, but didn't know fully.

"Oh ok."

"Why, have you?"

"I... Well, I relate to Nick."

Anne couldn't help the grin that found its way on her face and said. "You're the Nick to my Charlie then?"

Marcy blinked in confusion but soon blushed once she realized.

She stammered and Anne grinned while leaning in.

"Want to practice again?" She asked teasingly.

Marcy felt her face heating up more as her eyes darted around the room.

"Um... yes." She whispered.

Anne glanced at her lips and was about to fill the space, but a loud knock on the door made them jump apart.

To be continued...