Chapter 25

Levi and I talked and talked and talked. We were so engrossed in our conversation that we didn't realize how late it was, until our waiter had informed us that the restaurant had closed.

"Would you like me to call you an Uber sir?" The waiter, who looked to be around my age asked.

Levi nodded. "That's probably a good idea."

We were both just a tad bit tipsy from having finished all of the wine. I for one could not stop giggling.

When the Uber arrived moments later, Levi had to help me to the car. We both had consumed nearly the same amount of wine and yet, he didn't look affected by the alcohol in the slightest.

Other than his face looking a little flushed, he looked perfectly sober. While I was slurring my words and could hardly keep upright.

"Levi," I murmured, slinging my legs over his lap. He looked over at me, having just got done speaking with the Uber driver. "Can you... rub my feet for me?" I drew out slowly, spread out in the seat with my back pressed against the door.

"Sure baby."

I bit my lip, watching him remove my heels in a careful manner. I let out a soft moan when he began rubbing circles into my aching feet.

He didn't stop massaging my feet until we arrived back at the hotel. After paying the driver, he got out of the car and helped me out.

Picking me up bridal style, he carried me into the building. I clung to his shirt, my head resting against his chest.

Taking the elevator up to our floor, which I still had yet to see, he carried me all the way to the end of the hall. I glanced up, scanning the words on the door sign.

"We're staying in a suite?" I asked him, excitement in my voice.

"Mhm," he replied, scanning his hotel key card. He turned, using his back to push the door open.

"Are those..." He set me down, my eyes following the bright red rose petals leading into our hotel room.

I gasped at how beautifully decorated the suite was. There were rose petals and lit candles everywhere.

I paused at the bed, smoothing my hand over the soft comforter as I stared at the  rose petals shaped into a heart in the center of the bed.

I didn't realize I was crying until Levi started to panic. He grabbed my face, wondering what he did wrong.

"Do you not like roses? I can get a different flower."

"No, it's not that. Everything is beautiful. It's perfect." He still wasn't sure, his green eyes filled with concern. "I promise these are tears of joy," I assured, crying and laughing at the same time.

He sighed with relief, wiping at the tears still streaming down my face. "Are you going to be okay, if I show you the rest of our room?"

"The rest? There's more?" The room was already big, and to learn this wasn't all of it was absolutely insane.

Levi chuckled, taking my hand and leading me out onto the terrace. I was ambushed with even more rose petals and candles.

No one in my twenty-two years of living has ever done something this nice for me. Which is mainly why I started to tear up. For the first time in my life, I felt appreciated.

"Thank you, Levi."

"You deserve this and so much more, babygirl."

Kissing him, I tossed my arms over his shoulders, my fingers playing in his hair. "Can anyone see us up here?"