Chapter 18

"Time to par-tay!" Ivy hollered, heading towards the party bus she had me order a few hours after the rehearsal dinner had ended.

Talia, Priya, Chantelle, and Caroline, Ivy's bridesmaids and some of our closest friends from high-school joined in with the bride-to-be. While I watched them with a smile.

I wasn't like my extroverted friends. I've always kept to myself. Which is why most people mistake my politeness as weakness.

And although I may not be like my friends, that doesn't mean I won't put someone in their place if need be.

We piled onto the bus filled with multicolored florescent lights, alcohol, and a half naked man thrusting his hips against the stripper pole stationed in the center.

I covered my eyes, blushing shyly at the handsome man dancing around in a hot pink speedo, secretly wishing I could be at home with Levi and Declan watching Finding Nemo.

The girls screamed, joining in with the overly buff male stripper, who began directing his thrusts towards Priya, who couldn't seem to get enough as she ran her hands down his smooth oiled chest.

Music blasted through the speakers, the driver bopping his head along to the music. I sat down, not drunk enough to get in on the fun the other girls were having. Ivy taking notice of my lack of participation, dances her way over to the mini bar. 

She winks at me, in which I shake my head and she ignores me as she picks up one of the champagne bottles and proceeds to pour me a glass.

She fills the glass to the top, some of the beige colored drink splashing onto the electric blue dance floor. Making her way towards me, she wiggles her brows and smiles, shoving the drink in my hand. 

I try to hand it back. "I'm not thirsty."

She refuses to accept the drink back. "It's time for fun Laurel to make an appearance."

"Are you insinuating that sober Laurel is boring?" I raise an eyebrow at my bestfriend.

"Yes. Yes, I am. Now drink up." Guiding the drink to my lips, I end up just saying "fuck it" and downing the sparkling wine. She along with the other girls clap and cheer, before dragging me onto the dance floor with them.

As time that I haven't been paying much attention to now that I've had quite a bit to drink passes, I find myself starting to let loose and actually having some fun. I'm enjoying myself, which hasn't been something I've experienced since my college days.

I'm having such a fun time despite how absolutely atrocious I look attempting to dance- and on beat. Ivy and Chantelle are watching in amusement, knowing that I've never had any kind of rhythm even when they tried teaching me several times over the course of our friendship.

Plopping my no rhythm having ass back on the leather couch, I drunkenly sway to the music as I sip my margarita through a penis shaped straw.

Ivy and Chantelle continue dancing, while Priya enjoys a lap dance from Denzel, the male stripper, and Talia remains passed out on the couch across from me with a pink dildo hanging out of her mouth.

I have no idea how it got there, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Ivy and Chantelle had something to do with it. They were always pulling pranks on everyone back in high school. And even then, poor Talia was always the one to fall victim to Ivy and Chantelle's childish pranks.

Finishing off my margarita, thoughts of Levi came into view. Being as I was drunk and feeling a slight bit horny, which always happens when I've had one too many, I grabbed my phone out of my clutch and scrolled through my contacts.