Chapter 20

Levi's POV
"You fucked her, didn't you?"

Sometimes I hate how well Everett can read me. It's become a super power of his. And an annoying one at that.

"Don't you have something more important you could be doing instead of meddling in my private life?"

"I saw the way you two looked at each other this morning. Even Declan could see it."

"And what exactly did you see?" I asked, curious to hear what he's discovered in the short span of minutes he was at my house dropping Declan off.

"You two horny maggots were giving each other the 'fuck me' eyes. Which means you two already went to pound town or you're on your way."

"You're right," I admit, taking a sip of the coffee my assistant brought me.

Everett shuts my office door, so no one can eavesdrop in our forbidden conversation.

"I love you man, but have you lost your damned mind!?"

"I can assure you that I've never been more sane."

"She's your nanny, Levi. She fucking works for you! The age difference isn't even the issue. Actually, I take that back. You're old! You're a fucking gray ball hair away from living in a nursing home!"

Dramatic much?

He's acting like we aren't the same age. I roll my eyes. Besides, I'm not old just older.

"You hired her to care for your son and now she's taking care of you as well. Are you going to pay her for that too, or is the sex just a bonus for having a hot nanny?"

"Watch your mouth," I snarl. "This isn't that at all."

"So what is it then? Because I am really trying to understand here, Levi." He sifts his fingers through his hair, pacing across the room like a stressed out father. "You have to think about Declan and what will be best for him."

I snapped. "All I've ever done is do what's best for him!" I abruptly stood to my feet, slamming my hands down on my desk. "I can't believe you would say something like that knowing all the shit I've been through!"

His eyes softened, an apologetic expression etching into his features. "I'm sorry. You know I didn't mean it like that."

I exhaled, forcing myself to calm down before I say something I regret and our friendship is damaged. We've been through way too much. Everett is not just my friend, he's my brother.

"I'm sorry." I sat back down in my chair with a sigh. "I promise I'm thinking about Declan. You don't know how careful I've been."

"I'm just trying to understand, Levi. Is it love? Or is it just sexual attraction?"

"I don't know. I'm still trying to figure that out."

"Please be careful. Not just for the sake of Declan and Laurel's heart, but yours especially. Don't forget about your heart."

****

"Hi buddy!" Declan's giggles fill the air as he leaps into my arms. Kissing his cheek, he wraps his arms around my neck and lays his head on my chest.

Walking over to the couch where Laurel is sitting, I sit down with Declan still in my arms.

"How did he do at school today?"

I'm trying to focus on what she's saying, but all I keep thinking about are her lips and how they were just around my cock.

I think about her slender fingers and the way they gently touched me. I think about how her nails dug into my flesh when she was riding me. And I think about how I want to experience that again.