Chapter 19

When the clock struck twelve, wedding bells rang. Ivy was officially Mrs. Beau Cooper!

It was a beautiful ceremony that took place on the beach, the sun shining ever so brightly. Everything was perfect.

After the best man and I toasted to the bride and groom at the reception, I caught the bouquet that Ivy threw, and everyone including myself stood in awe as Beau and Ivy had their first dance.

Joining the newlyweds on the dance floor, I took Zack's hands and placed them on my hips.

He nervously led me around the dance floor to the slow song being sung by Beau's sister on stage. Smiling up at him, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

We passed by Beau and Ivy, Ivy jerking her chin in the direction of the entrance.

When I looked over at the double doors, the smile on my face dropped. Levi stood at the entrance with his hands in the pocket of his tailored black and white tuxedo, his emerald green eyes darting around the room.

I whipped my head back in Ivy's direction. "Please tell me you didn't invite him?"

She smiled and nodded. "I did."

I couldn't scold her for inviting Levi here, because before I could say another word, she was pulled into the crowd of family and friends wishing to congratulate her and her husband on their marriage.

When Levi's green eyes focused in on me, a frown sitting on his pretty lips, I panicked and shoved Zack's hands off me.

Zack looked at me with confusion. "What's wrong?"

"I..." I couldn't tear my eyes away from Levi, especially when a group of women ambushed him.

They surrounded him like sharks, smiling, batting their lashes seductively, and twirling their hair in a flirtatious manner.

I grew even more jealous when one of the woman raked their fingers down his arm.

"Oh," Zack said when he realized why my body language had suddenly changed and my attention was no longer on him.

I finally looked back at Zack. "I'm sorry, Zack. It's just-"

"It's okay," he cut in. "I already know."

"Know what? What are you talking about?"

He glanced back at Levi, before bringing his attention back to me. He sighed. "I was going to tell you when you came to pick him up at the bar, but then I saw you and..." He shakes his head. "Well it doesn't matter, because I shouldn't have kept it from you."

My heart was thumping, my mind racing. "T-Tell me what?"

"He said, 'I'm falling for my nanny.' I thought maybe it was just drunken babble and that it didn't mean anything. But after that day at the restaurant- it was clear that his feelings were very real."

I froze, wanting to run into Levi's arms, but not wanting to be rude by ditching Zack. When he saw the pained look in my eyes as Levi and I stared at one another from a distance, he sighed and smiled. "Go to him."

I broke eye contact, not sure if I had heard Zack correctly. "What?"

"Go to him," he said again. "I'll be okay."

"Really? Because I can st-"

He shook his head. "No. As much as I would have liked to explore this further, I'm not the one you want. It's him. So go," he said, giving me a reassuring smile. "Be happy."

Kissing his cheek and thanking him over and over, I took off. I didn't care that two hundred and fifty pairs of eyes were watching me. I didn't care that I lost my shoes running towards him. I didn't care, because the only thing on my mind in that moment was him.