•Chapter Twenty-One• Unforseen Event

Aubrielle

Warm lips dropping soft kisses on my neck and shoulder slowly dragged me out of dreamland. "Come on Babydoll," Marcus spoke against my sensitive skin, causing me to shiver. "It's time to wake up." His hand began to gently stroke my flat belly as his lips continued to move.

Moaning softly, I cuddled deeper into my pillow, unwilling to wake up just yet. "Five more minutes please," I mumbled sleepily.

"No can do," Was his reply as he began to suck and lick on the area surrounding his mark. The pleasure coursing through me was beyond incredible and I couldn't contain the gasp that was ripped from me.

"Please," The word came out as a soft, yet sexy moan. Marcus simply chuckled and continued his merciless assault on my senses.

"If you want me to stop, open your eyes," Marcus reasoned.

"Fine!" I groaned. Before he knew what I was planning, I rolled over to face him. Using my hands on his bare chest, I pushed him on his back and quickly straddled his body, then leaned my face close to his until centimeters separated us. "Is this what you wanted?" I ask, then sensually licked his bottom lip before trying to hop off the bed.

His hands shot out to clamp on my hips before I could move an inch. "Oh no, you don't!" Marcus says. As he looks me in the eye, he pushes his hips up off the bed and presses his hard member against the moist cavity that desired him. "Aren't you hungry, babydoll?"

Unable to deny my need for him, I lean my face toward his and try to kiss him but he evades my hungry lips. "Why are you dodging me?" I asked with frustration, closing my eyes as I lean my forehead against his shoulder. By this point, his lower body is grinding against me and I want him so badly.

"Because," Marcus replies with a regretful sigh. "Now is not the time for that. I need you to wake up, babydoll. Can you please open your eyes and look at me?" He asks calmly.

Heaving a huge sigh, I open my eyes to see Marcus is currently leaning over me as I lay on my back. My hands are clutching his shoulders in what can only be described as a death grip and my legs are locked tightly around his thighs, holding him prisoner. "What in the world?" I ask confused.

"You must have been having a really good dream," Marcus informs me with an amused smile. "I came up to bring you breakfast before I have to go meet his majesty, dad, and Elders Demetrius and Stravos for a meeting. When I leaned over to wake you up, you latched on to me and refused to let go."

Shocked I stared up at him as the vivid dream flooded my mind, causing me to blush profusely. "I-I-um," Was all I could currently say. "Ugh!"

Dropping a quick kiss on the tip of my nose, Marcus smiles down at me. "I would love nothing more than to give you just what you want right now, but it's not possible until after the council meeting," Marcus tells me before he braces himself on one arm so that he can cup my cheek with his free hand. "So could you release me?"

Mentally facepalming myself, I quickly release him and then cover my face with the sheets. "Sorry," I mumble.

"Hey," Marcus says softly. "You don't have to apologize for wanting your mate," Taking hold of the sheets, he pulls them away and kisses me soundly. "I want you just as much as you want me, you know that. Always! But I can't miss these meetings, I need to find out what threat we're facing so that I'll know how to protect us all."

"I know," I tell him as I sit up to give him a quick hug and a peck on the cheek. "I didn't mean to hold you up lover."

"If I didn't have to attend these meetings, I would have gladly frolicked with you babydoll," Marcus informs me with a pout and I can't help but giggle.