•Chapter Fourteen• Waking Up

Silvia

It's been four years since we relocated to Iowa and today was my baby's tenth birthday. We had a big birthday party planned for him this evening. Aubrielle's entire pack was invited, along with Christian's, Starla's, and Selene's packs. All of his siblings would be present as well, which made me beyond happy since I would get to see my grandbabies.

Christian and Rebecca have a three-year-old beautiful son, Nathan, that is a momma's boy but adores his father to pieces. Starla and Derry have two-year-old twins, a boy, and a girl. Trey and Teresa are mischievous, loving pups that steal your heart the minute you meet them. Though Selene and Jason don't have pups yet, she is seven months pregnant.

For the past four years, we have had most pack gatherings at the hospital's gardens which were quite large and bordered a public park, where the pups play during the festivities, or in the hospital's basement if the weather is bad. It had become a must since Marcus adamantly refused to leave Aubrielle's side and Mathew thought Marcus feared she would be hurt or disappear from his life again.

I knew Debbie hated leaving her daughter for long, so having Aubrielle moved to the gardens on a mobile bed, was a fantastic idea. Her doctor applauded the action, stating it would do Aubrielle good to be around the pack during special occasions on which we all got together. He felt it would be therapeutic for her and perhaps motivate her to come out of the mysterious coma.

At the appointed time, a couple of nurses wheel Aubrielle out of her room, through the hospital, and out to the gardens. One by one, everyone present walked over to greet Aubrielle. Many commented on how beautiful she looked. My girls had done her hair and makeup while Debbie dressed her up in a pretty, party dress. Aubrielle resembled a porcelain doll, fair and gorgeous.

Marcus planted himself next to Aubrielle as always and only left her side for bathroom breaks, to eat, and to blow out the candles on his cake. When it was time to open his gifts, he insisted they be brought to him or he would just open them later. Exasperated, I was about to scold him, but the pack thought it was cute how much he adored their luna, and each brought to him the gift they had for him.

Later that night I walked into my youngest son's room, then stood there with hands on my hips as I looked at him sternly. "What was that stunt you pulled at your party pup?"

Marcus looked up at me with an innocent look on his face, so innocent in fact that anyone else would believe he could do no wrong but I know better. "What do you mean momma?"

"Don't you, 'what do you mean momma' me!" I ordered in a no-nonsense tone. "How dare you demand the pack bring your gifts to you?! We are not raising you to be a spoiled brat! We are raising you to be a kind, thoughtful and upstanding individual. And the behavior you exhibited today is not acceptable."

Looking properly ashamed, Marcus looked down at the floor with a mumbled, "I'm sorry momma."

Sighing loudly, I shake my head and then lift his face with a finger under his chin. "You should apologize to the pack, and you will. Tomorrow you will go and apologize to the entire pack, is that clear?" I ask as I look into his eyes, so similar to my own.

"Yes, momma," He replied obediently.

Satisfied, I kiss his forehead. "Thank you, baby. I love you."

Marcus wrapped his arms around my middle and hugged me. "I love you too momma."

Leaving him to get ready for bed I exit his room, then go in search of my mate. I reach the top of the stairs and begin the descent to the first floor. Once I reach the landing, I turn right down the hall that leads to Mathew's in-home office. Both the large living area and the foyer are also located beyond the office. The kitchen and dining room are located in the opposite direction I now traveled.