•Chapter Ten• The Rescue

Mathew

I quickly walked out of my house on my way to the packhouse where I knew I would find my oldest son at this time of day. There was something important I needed to discuss with him now that the goddess had informed me that I need to get the ball rolling and jump into action immediately, time is of the essence.

I waved to a few pack members along the way as they called out greetings and had to dodge a few pups who were playing a game of wolves and rogues. The game is the werewolf version of cops and robbers, the pups loved playing it more than any other game. I smiled as I remembered my pups at that age.

Still smiling, I walked into the packhouse and moved swiftly through the building until I stood outside my old office. Lifting my hand, I knocked on the door and waited to be admitted. "Come in," Christian called out and I opened the door to see Christian at the desk and his Beta, Joey standing to his right.

"Hey son," I greeted as I closed the door behind me and walked into the office. Christian came around the desk to meet me and we hugged each other as was our custom.

"Hey, dad, what brings you over?" Christian asked as he made his way back behind the desk.

"Elder Mathew," Joey greeted as he held out his hand for me to shake.

"Beta Joey," I greeted back as I shook his hand, then took a seat in one of the comfortable chairs that faced the desk.

"I came because the goddess has visited me and demanded that I, Gabriel, and Cain leave immediately to pay the Moon Light pack in Iowa a visit," I informed him and watched a frown come over Christian's face.

"Is it because of Aubrie?" Christian asked. "Did something happen to her?" His body was tense, and so was Joey's who had sat on the chair to my left. Joey had always had a crush on Aubrielle since they were pups and was very disappointed when she found her mate.

"The goddess thinks she's in danger, which is why she wants us to leave no later than tomorrow morning," I explain.

Christian jumped to his feet with his hands braced on the desk, before he spoke. "I'll gather twenty of our best warriors and we will be ready to leave by five am," Christian informs me.

"You should stay here," I tell him, even though I knew his mind was made up.

"No way!" Christian growled. "Aubrie is like a sister to me. If she's in danger, no one is going to stop me from getting to her!"

"Alright," I conceded. I knew Christian was as stubborn as my mate and there was no changing their mind when it was made up. "We will be ready to leave at five," I said as I rose to my feet.

"Who else is going?" Christian asked as he pushed off the desk and stood up straight with hands on his hips.

"Since the goddess said she will be accompanying us, that means your mother is going which means so are the twins and Marcus," I explain. "And knowing your mother as well as I do, I'm sure she is on the phone with Debbie as we speak, so chances are she is coming as well."

"Do you think Starla and Selene will go too?" Christian asks next and I shrug.

"Probably, but don't quote me on that." Christian nodded and then I said a quick goodbye to them before I exit the office.

______________________

Silvia

Within thirty minutes after my mate left to go talk to our oldest, I got on the phone and called Debbie. Once I was done talking to her, I began packing for my family. Never had I been as happy about werewolf speed as I was now since packing for five people took less time than it would have if we were human. I concentrated on the job at hand and ignored all else.