•Chapter Seventeen• Uknown Normie

Unknown

I watch the proceedings quietly from my point of view, grateful I was able to sneak past the patrolling guards. Rumors in the supernatural community stated that not only the werewolf King but also a few other members of the council would be attending the festivities taking place at the Sweet Springs territory. From what I could see, the rumors were all true and it wasn't long before I found out why.

I knew once the Alpha's mistress heard this news, she would be beyond furious. She was not a nice person as far as I could tell. The she-wolf was meaner than even the meanest rogues I had come across since I became one. Unlike those called wild rogues, I haven't lost my humanity which is why I was given the task to infiltrate this pack's territory to spy on them.

In the werewolf community, there are two types of rogues. Wild rogues, and normies. Wild rogues are werewolves that have lost touch with their humanity and embrace the big-bad wolf inside. When a werewolf loses its humanity, its eyes glow red while in wolf form and they foam at the mouth. Normies retain their humanity and don't undergo those changes. They resemble normal pack wolves, but their scent identifies them as rogues.

I remain lying on my belly watching the celebration until the newly marked Prince and Princess sneak away, and then I decide it's time to go. Pushing my body off the ground, I turn and quietly trot away on four paws. I retrace my steps back to the, pretty much, deserted sentry tower, that for whatever reason, is currently not in use. Once there I shift into my human form, then slip inside, closing the door behind me.

Walking down the stairs that lead to a basement of sorts, I then walk deeper into the long room and find the hidden door. Slipping inside, I shift back into my wolf and navigate the long network of underground tunnels the she-devil, I mean she-wolf, briefed us about. If not for her, we would have never known about them and would not be able to sneak into this territory without being caught.

The network of tunnels finally led to a drainage pipe about a mile away from the Sweet Springs territory border. Once there I turn east and keep to the cover of the woods as I run toward my pack's location, which was about three miles away. Even if it was dark, there was a full moon, and I didn't want to take the chance of being seen so close to Sweet Springs territory and alerting anyone to rogues in the area.

About another twenty minutes later a pungent odor invades my senses, an odor I had never smelled before. Curious about what it could be, I come to a stop and quickly look around me cautiously. Seeing nothing that could account for it, I scent the air, then turn in the direction the smell seems to be coming from. As quietly as possible, I crept forward even though I was fearful of being caught.

I continue to follow the awful smell for about ten minutes when the sound of talking reaches my wolf ears. "Come on Vanessa," A feminine voice speaks in a pleading tone. "You know we shouldn't be so far away from the pack. We need to go back!" Pack? There is another pack around here? I sniff, and by scent alone, I can tell they are not werewolves at least.

"Hush!" Another feminine voice replies as I move ever closer, wanting to get a look at them. The voices become louder as I draw nearer to their location. "I didn't ask you to come with me. Quite frankly I would have been much happier if I had come alone." The voice states sternly.

"Please Vanessa, let's go back," The first voice pleads. I could see movement through the underbrush and I slink low enough that my belly is nearly touching the ground. "If your family sees me without you they will be suspicious and will ask questions I don't want to answer for your sake."

Finally, I was close enough to see them. I was so caught up in learning more about them, that I didn't notice the foul smell had vanished. Feet away from me stood two incredibly beautiful, nude females bathed in the moonlight. One had very light-colored hair, it looked nearly white and the other's hair was not as light but it was light nonetheless. They were walking toward a large pond located in the center of the clearing they were currently in.