•Chapter Six• Why?

Aubrielle

Two days ago was my birthday and today I am traveling away from all the people I have known and loved all of my life. I'm not sure why my mate insisted that we leave so soon. He informed me he needed to get back to his duties as Alpha right away, giving me just one day to pack and say goodbye.

I had spent time preparing myself for the possibility that I would have to move away from the only home I'd known all my life. But the reality was that no amount of preparation truly helps. The moment you begin to pack, the enormity of the situation hits you like a runaway truck.

While I was excited to begin a new chapter in my life alongside my mate, I was also filled with anxiety. What if my new pack hated me? Would I be able to make friends? Would I fit in or stand out like a sore thumb? Would my friends and family miss me a little, a lot, or not at all? That last thought reminded me of Marcus' reaction at the party.

******Flashback******

I watched in surprise as Marcus had a complete meltdown upon hearing I had found my mate. He charged at Bastian like a tiny bull and was on the verge of punching him in a sensitive area with a tiny fist when his father appeared as if by magic, scooped up the wriggling bundle of fury, and carried him away amid his earsplitting shrieks.

"That was an interesting moment," My mate commented to no one in particular, as he watched the retreating form of Elder Mathew with a slight sneer on his handsome face.

"I am sorry about that Aubrielle," The previous Luna sincerely said to me, completely ignoring my mate. She reached out to place a hand on my upper arm, her touch was gentle. "Marcus has always been taken with you but I didn't think he would react in such a way."

Placing a hand over hers, I gave it a little squeeze. Looking into her sad eyes, I smiled reassuringly at her. "It's ok Luna-" She cut me off then.

"It's Silvia sweetheart," The vessel reminded me with a shake of her head. "I am no longer the Luna, that title now belongs to Rebbeca."

I feel my face burn with embarrassment as I acknowledge her statement with a nod. "I know, but it's hard because I still see you as a Luna." I finish with a slight shrug.

Sacred vessel Silvia gave me an indulgent smile and turned to hug me when Bastian moved closer to my side to drape an arm over my shoulders, causing her to finally acknowledge him. Silvia turned to my mate with a fake smile, making me realize she truly disliked him.

"Forgive me Royal Alpha, I forgot you were present," She stated with an innocently sweet smile.

Bastian simply rolled his eyes and directed a similarly sweet smile at the previous Luna. "Please, call me Bastian Silvia," He instructed but Silvia shook her head, her eyes going hard.

"I prefer to call you by your title sir," She informed him in a tight voice. "Just as I prefer that you call me Mrs. Weston since I have not given you leave to call me by my given name." I could see she was furious, it was evident in her posture and voice.

"Yes, of course. Forgive me, Mrs. Weston," Bastian corrected in a clipped tone. Surprised by his attitude, I looked at him with wide eyes but Bastian just smiled innocently.

Before any of us could say anything else, mom appeared next to me looking at Bastian, and his arm that was still draped over my shoulders, then at my face with raised brows. "Oh mom, this is Royal Alpha Bastian Xander Hall,"

I began introductions as I reached out to grab hold of her hand and pulled her closer to us. "Bastian, this is my mother, Dr. Debbie Miranda Clover." Bastian reached out to take my mother's free hand, then dropped a quick peck on her knuckles.