•Chapter Eighteen• His Point Of View

Marcus

Opening my eyes I notice it's morning. The sound of soft breathing draws my eyes to the body beside me and I smile as I gaze at the beauty cuddled up next to me, my beloved mate Bree. The one she-wolf that has owned my affections since the day I was born. The only female I have wanted beside me no matter what. My heart has always craved her.

For as long as I could remember, she has held me captive without even realizing it. Never once in my entire life have I been even remotely interested, or attracted to any other female. My eyes, my heart, and my soul have always been for her alone. What the goddess revealed about our humans being soul mates would completely account for these strong feelings I have had all my life.

Gently brushing her hair off her face, I admire her and say a silent prayer of thanks. Doing my best not to jostle her too much, I pull her closer before I drop a soft kiss on her forehead. My happiest memories all revolve around her and involve her. She is the one bright spot in my life, without her there is no life. Leaning closer, I softly kiss her bare shoulder, causing her to fidget slightly, then mumble in her sleep.

I can still remember the day I learned Royal Alpha Basian was her mate. I wanted nothing more than to tear him apart with my hands but being trapped in the body of a six-year-old meant the best I could hope to do, would be to give him some temporary pain for trying to steal my Bree. Intending to punch him in his most sensitive place, I stormed forward but my dad swooped me up and carried me off before I could land one blow.

Even now I can feel my body tense up with anger at the irritating memory. "Shh," The soft sound draws my surprised gaze to my mate's beautiful eyes, only to realize they are still closed. One of her soft hands gently draws patterns on my chest, which has me relaxing instantly. A soft content sigh slips past her luscious lips as she snuggles closer.

Chuckling softly, I allow my fingers to play with her soft curls as I gaze adoringly upon her sleeping features. Even in sleep, she seeks to calm me. My mate, my better half, my all. No one on this planet could ever compare to her and how she makes me feel. Many females have gone out of their way to catch my eye but not once have I ever been tempted. She lives in my heart and no one can evict her.

Everyone called me a fool for pining for Bree. They taunted me for crushing on someone else's mate. They laughed behind my back but I didn't care. I even got into a fistfight with someone I thought was a friend, for calling her a vegetable. He sneered at the fact that her sorry excuse of a mate didn't even want her so why should I? Even when my own family told me I needed to find my mate, I wanted no one but my Bree.

******Flashback******

It was a gorgeous summer day, the type of day a normal sixteen-year-old would spend at the beach with his friends. I on the other hand was laying in a hospital bed, my arm wrapped around Bree, as I watched a movie on tv. There was nowhere else I wanted to be more, than here with my Bree. "Oh, for the love of -Marcus!" My mom cried out with an exasperated look on her face, as she strode into the hospital room followed by my dad.

"Why aren't you out with your friends? How do you expect to find your mate cooked up in this room?" Mom places her hands on her hips once she reaches the side of the bed I am laying upon and looks down at me with a cocked brow.

"I already told you mom," I reply with a shrug. "Bree is my mate." I turn my eyes back to the screen wishing this was the end of it but I already know what's coming next.

"Listen to me carefully Marcus," Mom says as she expells a long-suffering sigh.

"Bastian was Aubrielle's mate," She explains in the same tone of voice one would use with a three-year-old. I tense up at the mere mention of that loser's name, anger filling me like water flowing into an empty glass. "So it is IMPOSSIBLE for her to be your mate!"