•Chapter Twenty-Three• Is This It?

Gerald

The drive back to the packhouse was silent for about three minutes, and then Elder Mathew spoke. "Do you honestly not know who Sheila is?" He asked as he turned his head and looked at his son, surprise written on his face.

"Should I know?" Prince Marcus shoots back with a cocked brow.

"The girl stalked you from middle school until the day after Aubrielle left the hospital, and you don't remember her?" Elder Mathew asked, his tone filled with astonishment. Shocked, I swiveled in my seat to see the confusion on prince Marcus's face. "The only reason she left you alone was that you told her if she didn't stop sniffing around you, you would exile her from the pack when you took over as Alpha!"

"What?" I ask as I look from father to son. "Is that true?"

Completely ignoring me, Elder Mathew continued. "How can you not remember her?!"

"Why would I remember someone that annoying?" The prince countered with a disgusted look on his face. "The only she-wolf that has ever mattered to me, is Bree. All the others are faceless wolves to me." He stated matter of factly while looking straight ahead and I couldn't help but chuckle.

Elder Mathew burst into laughter and just shook his head as he laid a hand on his son's shoulder. "You shocked the hell out of Sheila today!" His words caused everyone in the vehicle to dissolve into laughter, even the prince. "That pup has always thought she was the goddess-given gift to all wolf-kind. I wonder if she will ever recover from the shock?" I remembered the absolute shock on the she-wolf's face and laughed harder.

"She's insignificant," Prince Marcus informed us once he sobered. "No one can hold a candle to Bree."

Just then we arrived at the packhouse but I instructed Gabriel to drive the two blocks to the building containing the dungeon. Once there we parked and waited. Ten minutes went by before the metal door attached to the brick building swung open and the guard that had opened it looked our way with a nod. We all stepped out of the vehicle and entered the building. Once inside, we walked straight to the other door and down the stairs.

At the bottom of the stairs, there was a wide-open area with small cells on either side except for two mid-sized rooms on either side of the stone stairs. These rooms were used for interrogation purposes but were also used by Camille to torture the princess during the time she was held here. She had filled both rooms with all sorts of torture devices that she took a sadistic pleasure in using on princess Aubrielle.

Following the guard to the room on the left, we walked in to find Shiela sitting in a chair, her arms and legs shackled with silver manacles. At the sound of our combined footsteps, she looked up at us fearfully. "Oh please," Shiela sobbed out with tears streaming down her cheeks. "Please don't hurt me!" She cried out as her eyes turned to the multiple benches that contained various sharp objects.

I was pleased with her reaction, I wanted her to be afraid. After all, if she thought we were planning to hurt her, then it should be much easier to get information out of her. "How long before the doctor brings the serum?" I ask the guard and watch as her eyes doubled in size, her body began to tremble like a leaf in the wind.

"He should be here soon," The guard replied as he leaned back onto a wall and crossed his arms over his chest. No sooner did he say it, when footsteps behind us made me turn to see an older wolf carrying a tray that contained a small glass jar, a syringe, some bandaids, and some packets I knew to be alcohol swabs.

"Hello your highness, prince, Elder Mathew, and everyone else!" The old wolf said cheerfully with a bright smile on his face. "Unfortunately we are out of TS-09, so I had no choice but to bring the TS-99 instead." He set the tray down on a bench and picked up the syringe and glass jar as he spoke. Sheila looked as if the old wolf had grown horns and announced himself as the devil.