Part 1

Mias POV:
'Hey Mia, where are you going, I'm starting dinner soon.' My mum said, looking at me through the dining room mirror as she fixed her hair.

'Sorry mum, I'm going to a party, Rafe's having one.' I replied, slipping into my shoes and putting my phone into my bag.

'That's okay sweetie, just be careful, and don't get too drunk. I'll leave the back door open for you.' She smiled, waving goodbye to me.

'Thank you.' I replied, walking out of the front door towards Rafe's house.

He lived next door, so all I had to do was slip through the bushes that parted both of our gardens. He had big parties like this a few times a month, I knew that he did it to earn money, so that him and Barry could make back what they needed, through drugs. But he made sure everybody was out when he had them, and his whole family were currently in Nassau, so it was okay.

I was wearing a wrapped, green dress, showing off my tan I'd managed to get over the last couple of days in the sun. There were more people here than usual, making me feel a little nervous, I hated when Rafe introduced me to people i didn't know, take Barry, for instance.
I felt an arm slip around my waist and they didn't even need to say a word to tell me who it was.

'Mr Rafe Cameron.' I smiled, turning to look at him.

He stepped back, his hand still loosely clinging to my hips, allowing himself to look me up and down, letting his tongue run softly along his lips.

'You know, I used to love it when you wore red, but damn I think you've just changed my favourite colour to green.' He teased, running his hand along my spine, stopping in the middle of my back.

'And I think you've just changed mine to black.' I whispered, holding onto the collar of his dark suit jacket.

He shook his head softly, staring into my eyes for a few seconds before I pulled away.

'I'm going to go and get a drink, I'm so ready for tonight' I smiled, taking his hand and spinning myself around.

'I've got work to do, let me know if anyone touches you, okay?' He asked protectively, watching me until id disappeared inside.

'You know, I have money on you and Rafe hooking up so can you please hurry, I'm getting a little low on cash.' Kelce said, leaning against the bar besides me.

I raised my eyebrows and shook my head, taking the shot from his hand and pouring it down my throat.

'Bet with who?' I asked, shaking off the burning feeling in my throat.

'Topper, he got the short straw though, even he thinks there's something going on, but it wouldn't be a bet if we both agreed on the outcome.' He replied.

'We're just friends Kelce, can't I think one of my friends is attractive?' I asked, pouring myself two more shots and taking them both.

'You're so blind.' He laughed, taking my hand.
'Let me get another drink!' I exclaimed.

'Toppers got one for you, he's waiting outside.' He replied.

I sighed and followed him, smiling when my eyes met my other close friend, Topper.

'Here she is! The Country club princess!' Topper smiled, holding his hand out to me.

I took it, rolling my eyes, and hugging him slightly, letting him place a drink in my hand.

'What is it with you all tonight? I'm just trying to have fun.' I replied, taking a sip of my drink.

'You may be blinded by the toxic masculinity in the air, but I am not. He likes you.' Topper teased, elbowing me softly.