Double Date [F]

Summary: Dom and Adam go on their first date; but they have company

[ADOM FANFIC, if you don't like it/ship them, feel free to skip this imagine] [Y/N and Steph are also a couple in this, Y/N is written as a queer woman, in a lesbian relationship w/ Steph]

Trigger Warning: Unwanted kiss, Homophobia and lesbophobia, (These are told in flashback format), and bullying for being LGBTQ+

A/N, This is very much inspired off Heartstopper, which is an absolutely amazing series, both in graphic novel, and in the new Netflix series. You don't have to have watched or read either, it will not change anything!

Word Count: 4,000

Dom's POV

"Dom! Dom, baby, wake up!"

Adam's voice is the first thing to wake me up, as the soft plush of his panda stuffed toy hits me over the head.

Groggily, I wake up, opening my eyes, adjusting to the vision of the sunlight that is practically blinding me. The sun is over the water outside, sun glittering over it. Sitting in the bed across from me, is Adam.

His black curly hair is a mess, a few curls lying over his forehead, near his eyes, and he's wearing a black Oasis shirt that I bought for him last Christmas. He lays down in the bed next to me, and his hand reaches out.

I lay back down in bed, and reach over for his. Black nail polish is chipping over his nails, and I have to stop myself from tracing along the ridges of the polish. It's too tempting, I will take any attempt to fidget.

There's a feeling so satisfying, that I'm not sure if it's possible to be put into words, the feeling of finally being safe enough to be so in love.

When both of us aren't in school, we're not in Doncaster town centre, and we're away from the view of everyone else. I love Adam so much that it starts to hurt sometimes. That's why I was even more grateful than years before for our yearly getaway to Brighton.

Since me, Adam, Steph and Y/N were all thirteen, a tradition was coined between us. We'd spend a week of the summer holidays at Steph's holiday home near Brighton Pier. We'd of course not spend it unattended, we were either with Steph's mum or dad.

Even though Y/N and Steph were dating the same year that we started these trips, both of them are still allowed to share a bed together. I will never forget the look on Steph's face when her mum said that she didn't care; because no matter what the girls did, they couldn't get pregnant.

Priceless reaction.

Me and Adam don't share a bed, but we have a room with two single beds, that are close enough to each other that we can reach over and still go over and hold hands. My heart is absolutely set alight, as he holds my hand.

We've been going out together since we were both 14 years old.

When we started Year 9, I became the "gay" boy of the year. It wasn't my choice to tell anyone, I was outed. I was so confused about my sexuality all of Year 8, I could not come to terms with whatever my sexuality was.