CHAPTER 13 - Howls

But then all three of you heard something. "Wolves," Mr. Tumnus whispered. "I'm sorry but you two have to go now," he ushered you out. "It's not safe here anymore."

You and Lucy walked through the woods, swiftly navigating between the trees and tree stumps covered in snow.

Then you two saw something, or rather, someone. "Oh, Edmund!" Lucy exclaimed, running ahead. "You got in too, isn't it wonderful!"

"Where have you been?" he asked, glancing at you and Lucy.

"With Mr. Tumnus! He's fine... The White Witch hasn't found out anything about him meeting me. We did hear wolves though so we should go..."

You furrowed your brows at the mention of a witch but you also noticed something else.

"The White Witch?" Edmund asked just as you were about to bring it up.

"She calls herself the Queen of Narnia but she really isn't," Lucy explained quietly. You nodded to yourself, now understanding the situation.

You finally got the chance to speak up since there was a bit of silence. "Are you alright, Ed?" you asked. "You look a bit ill."

"Well, I- it's freezing," Edmund frowned.

"Oh," you nodded. "We should get out of here then."

Lucy nodded in agreement. "Come on," she said, taking Edmund's hand and leaving you to follow them, your ears catching a few more howls from somewhere pretty near this time. You silently ushered the two before you to walk quicker.