CHAPTER 14 - Too Far

Lucy nodded in agreement. "Come on," she said, taking Edmund's hand and leaving you to follow them, your ears catching a few more howls from somewhere pretty near this time. You silently ushered the two before you to walk quicker.

As Lucy jumped on Peter's bed to wake him up, you felt a little warmth on your chest and quickly looked down. The compass seemed to be glowing, just like your hands had before dinner. You quickly put the compass under your shirt to hide the glow.

"You've been dreaming, Lucy," Susan said, coming into the room tiredly.

Edmund beside you looked down as Lucy explained. "But I haven't! I saw Mr. Tumnus again! And this time, Edmund and Y/n went too!"

Edmund's head snapped up while you decided to speak. "It's true."

"You- You saw the faun?" Peter asked.

"I did!" you confirmed, a bit agitated that they didn't believe Lucy even now. Peter and Susan turned to Edmund. He shook his head.

"Well, he didn't actually go there with us. He was... what were you doing, Edmund?" Lucy questioned, having finished her explanation.

You looked at the boy expectantly, so did everyone else. "I was just playing along." Your jaw dropped at Edmund's words. How could he?! You were about to voice your thoughts but he continued. "I'm sorry, Lucy. I shouldn't have encouraged you and Y/n's little game. But y'know, these days, little children just don't know when to stop pretending."

Lucy sobbed, running out the door. You finally snapped. "That was too far and you know it! I can't believe you lied! Besides," you stopped at the door, as you planned to follow Lucy, and looked back. "I'm older than you."