Chapter 34: Akatsuki

-Konoha ANBU Headquarters-

Currently walking through the underground passages of Konoha's ANBU headquarters underneath the village, one Senju Naruto silently made his way down the dark hallways.

It had been two weeks since the invasion had ended, and after a long stay, Naruto was finally allowed to leave the hospital. But not before a thorough medical check by his mother, who wanted to make sure that he was in perfect health.

But despite passing all the examinations, Tsunade had ordered Naruto to not get into any strenuous activities, stating that he still needed to take it easy.

Remembering his mother's orders, the young Senju could only sigh, since after his near-death experience, his mother had become even more protective of him than before, something he didn't think was possible until now.

After finally leaving the hospital, Naruto expected to move back into the apartment he had been living in since he came to Konoha. But to his surprise he found he had been moved to a large house not far from the Hokage's mansion.

It was only later that he learned that this was to be his new family home, which the Sandaime had built specifically for when Tsunade returned to Konoha, since Naruto's apartment was too small for the entire family.

Originally the Sandaime had planned to let Naruto stay in his apartment. But after the invasion Tsunade insisted that Naruto was to stay with her in the new Senju family home, so that she could keep an eye on her son. (1)

Sighing again at his mother overprotectiveness, the blonde haired boy began to wonder if he would ever be allowed to leave the village again, without his mother hovering over him.

After a few minutes of walking Naruto finally arrived at his destination, which was the ANBU holding cells. In front of the doorways Naruto saw two masked ANBU flanking the doorway to the holding cells.

When Naruto reach them, an ANBU wearing a wolf-like mask, the ANBU looked down at him and spoke, "You are not cleared to be here, identify yourself."

"My name is Senju Naruto and I am here to see one of the prisoners here."

Upon learning who Naruto was, both ANBU stiffened slightly.

"Our apologies Naruto-dono, but I'm afraid you're still not permitted here" spoke the other ANBU who wore a badger shaped masked.

"You guys are aware of who my mother is?" asked Naruto, where he received a nod from the two ANBU. "And you're also aware that my mother is about to become the Godaime Hokage."

"We are aware of that Naruto-dono, but even so..." said the Wolf masked ANBU but before he could finish he was interrupted by Naruto.

"Come on guys, I wouldn't be here if I didn't have permission, How else do you think I got here?"

"That may be true, but still we cannot let you in without proper authorisation from the Hokage-sama" said the Badger masked ANBU.

"Fine then" sighed Naruto, "But you guys should know that Jiji is pretty busy right now going over the paperwork for being Hokage with my mom. So if you guys really want to waste time by following proper procedure and interrupt both Jiji and Kaa-chan while they're at work. Then you better be prepared for the consequence, since Kaa-chan is in a pretty bad mood right now over having to go over all that paperwork."

At the mention of a pissed off Tsunade, both ANBU silently gulped, since it has been a long standing unspoken rule among the ANBU never to get on Tsunade's bad side.

This rule came into effect about thirteen years ago, when Tsunade hospitalized two ANBU who unfortunately got in her way when she was in a bad mood. By the time she was done with them, the two ANBU were basically human pretzels, with their arms and legs all tied up in one nice big bow.