Chapter 11: Team-mates.

-Early next morning in The Hyuga Clan Compound-

After the near historic announcement by the Hokage at the news of Naruto's existence, the Hyuga Council, along with Hyuga Hiashi had been discussing the news for much of the night, and the early parts of the morning and how it affected the standing of their Clan in Konoha.

"Who would have ever thought that Tsunade-sama would actually have a child...one could quite well restore the Senju Clan in Konoha", spoke a Hyuga Elder.

"None of us did", replied another Elder.

"This could greatly affect our standing in Konoha, where if this boy actually succeeds in rebuilding his Clan, then our Clan's power and influence in the village will be greatly reduced", said yet another Elder.

"Tell us Hiashi, do you know anything of what the boy is capable of?" asked Hiashi's father who was head of the Hyuga Clan council.

"Unfortunately no, as the Hokage said that he has no knowledge of the boy capabilities, as he kept it secret and it will not be revealed until Jiraiya-sama arrives, to speak to him about it", answered Hiashi.

The Elders frowned at this as knowing what Naruto was able to do could have helped them plan out what they were to do and what to expect from the boy.

"Do we know who the boy's father is? ...Is he a foreign Shinobi, a noble from Hi no Kuni (Fire Country) or some kind of commoner?" asked one Elder.

"No, I do not know, as the Hokage claimed that he had no knowledge of who the boy's father was as Tsunade-sama refused to tell" replied Hiashi.

"And do you believe him?" asked the same Elder.

"I do not know....as it is possible that the Hokage does know who the boy's father was but refuses to tell for whatever reason and it is also possible he does not know as he said. But I believe it matters little as to who the boy father was as the Hokage spoke he was dead and I believe him in that" said Hiashi.

At this all the Elders nodded, where then another Elder then spoke up,

"Have you met or seen the boy yet?" asked the Elder.

"No, as the boy was attending the Academy when the Hokage announced the boy to us and he was not with him when he announced the boy existence to the rest of the village. My guess is that the Hokage is trying to keep the boy out of the view of large crowds and other influential groups such as ourselves for as long as possible, so that he won't be overwhelmed and used in the politics of the village", spoke Hiashi.

"Then we must find away to gain the boy on our side, as the boy is a Senju, the main founders of this village and when he older he will have enormous influence in the village and will most likely have the peoples support. His existence alone will shift a great deal of influence, that our Clan as had in the village to him, but if we can get the boy to ally with our Clan then the Hyuga Clan's influence will grow greatly", said one of the Elders.

"Hiashi isn't your Daughter Hinata in the same graduating Class as the young Senju heir is in?" asked an Elder.

"Yes, she is and according to her and to the Jonin tutor Yūhi Kurenai that I assigned to my Daughter, Hinata has become quite friendly with the young Senju heir and has already become friends with him", spoke Hiashi.

"Well it seems that for once, the girl has actually done something right and has finally proven herself useful to the Clan. If she can somehow get close to the boy we can then arrange a marriage between the two once the boy's mother arrives in the village. We can use the marriage to form an Alliance between us and the Senju Clan, where then our Clan influence and power in the village will raise to unprecedented levels", spoke Hiashi's father.