Chapter 15: Wave.

-The Hokage Office-

Several days after the events with the Fire Daimyo's wife, Naruto along with his sensei's Kushina and Yamato were called in by the Hokage for a mission.

"You called for us Hokage-sama" spoke Yamato after he, Kushin and Naruto entered the room.

"Yes, I did, thank you all for coming so quickly".

"So what is it that you need us for Hokage-sama?" asked Kushina.

"I called you all here because I've an important mission that I need you for".

At hearing this Naruto immediately got excited as he was getting pretty tired of all these D-rank missions, and wanted to do something a little more exciting, where he could put the results of his training with Kushina and Yamato to use.

Kushina and Yamato of course remained a little more sober, as they knew there was more to this than a simple mission, given how serious the Hokage was.

"And what exactly is the mission, Hokage-sama?" asked Yamato.

"The mission involves sending you to Nami no Kuni (Wave Country) and support Kakashi and his team on their mission in helping to protect a bridge builder named Tazuna" answered Sarutobi.

At hearing this Kushina raised her eyebrow in curiosity, "Excuse me Hokage-sama, but why are you sending us to support Kakashi and his team on a mission, that is clearly a C-rank mission. Surely Kakashi can handle anything that could happen in a C-rank mission", spoke Kushina.

"Normally I would agree with you Kushina, but this is not your ordinary C-rank mission, for you see, it seems that the client Tazuna lied to us when he requested our assistance" replied the old Hokage.

"How so Hokage-sama?" asked Yamato.

"According to the message that Kakashi sent to me, it seems that Tazuna is being targeted by a man name Gatō"

"Gatō? As in the wealthy shipping magnate and leader of the shipping company, Gatō Corporation?" asked Kushina.

"The very same, although from what recent intelligence has told me, Gatō's export and import business is actually a front for smuggling illegal goods and selling drugs. This has resulted in Gatō becoming one of the richest men in the world as a result".

At this Kushina, Yamato and Naruto all nodded their heads in understanding, after which Naruto then spoke up.

"But how is he involved with this mission Jiji?" asked Naruto.

"Well seemingly, Gatō has set up his headquarters in Nami no Kuni, as the Country is in a key position for sea trade between Hi no Kuni (Fire Country) and most of the other island nations. He then used his monopoly over shipping to take control of the country's economy, which is allowing him to slowly take control of the country itself. But Tazuna is threating all this with the bridge that he is building to connect Nami no Kuni to the mainland, which would destroy Gatō's monopoly over Nami no Kuni. Hence he has hired a group of Nuke-nins to eliminate Tazuna", spoke the Sandaime.

"If that is true Hokage-sama, why didn't he tell the truth? Where we could've sent a team more suited for the mission than a team of Genin and their Sensei" spoke Yamato.

"Seemly from Kakashi's message Tazuna-san, and his people have spent most of their remaining money on the equipment and materials needed to build the bridge, and did not have much left to request a higher rank mission, hence why he lied when he requested our help".

"So what did Kakashi go against on the mission, to make him call for backup?" asked Kushina, as she knew Kakashi was no pushover and it would have to be something dangerous for him to need help.