the new teacher

P.O.V Y/N Scamander.

In the summer of 1996 times were changing and we all knew it. After Voldemort made Dumbledore the headmaster of Hogwarts and an old friend of my grandfather he asks me to be a care of magical creatures teacher from 5th to 7th grade.Hagrid would take care of the rest of the ages as the Order of the Phoenix must move and we need time.

2 years ago I just left hogwarts and so far I haven't found a job but luckily Dumbledore found me and offered me one.

I am currently at the 9 and ¾ train station. Soon I hear a familiar train horn and watch the train arrive as families say goodbye to their children and head inside.

Some people know me and greet me strangely, I guess it's still a secret that I'm the new teacher...

I find an empty compartment and leave my things inside. While the train moves towards hogsmeade station I start to prepare my classes and read books about magical creatures... I'm like my grandfather Newt they fascinate me, and thanks to him I am full of knowledge of them.

Soon I get sleepy and I fall asleep until the cart lady wakes me up and tells me we're here.He grabbed my things and I start checking the cars in case someone stayed and I trip over something.

I reach down and remove an invisibility cloak it was Harry Potter with the "petrificus totalus" spell.

I lazily lower my wand and suddenly it can move.

"Thank you." He says thankfully.

"Don't worry but if you don't mind me asking, what happened to you?" I ask curiously.

"It was Malfoy," he told me getting off the train. "He hexed me and kicked me in the nose."

"Right, let me help you." I wave my wand and with a crackle his nose straightens and wipes away the blood.

"Thanks again." "By the way, you're Y/N Scamander, right?" "What are you doing here? I thought you finished Hogwarts."He tells me as we reach the Hogwarts gate and see Professor Flitwick as he asks us "identification please."

"You've known me for 6 years, sir." Says the boy with glasses.

"No exceptions Potter are the rules, very difficult times are coming..." the smaller teacher says."Mr. Scamander, what a surprise! What are you doing here?" he asks me curiously.

"Hello professor, Dumbledore hired me to take care of magical creatures but only years 5th to 7th."I told him and he just looked at me surprised along with Harry.

"Professor Dumbledore didn't tell us anything but please come in, come in." He says closing the doors behind us.

"nice nose Potter!" We hear Draco Malfoy's voice as Harry winces.

"Don't worry Harry, when I get there I'll take points off Slytherin." I told him walking towards the castle.

****

Getting inside we went to the great hall while Harry went to his table and I went to the staff table...it seems we missed the selection.

Professor Dumbledore just nods at me and stands up, opening his arms in welcome as the murmur of the room fades away.

"It's a time for me to introduce your new care of magical creatures teacher Y/N Scamander!" He tells her as murmurs spread through the great hall.

I can hear people say:

"What happened to Hagrid?"

"My God, how young!"