He's gone...Disapparated!(1)

P.O.V Y/N WEASLEY.

"Dumbledore trusted Snape," Harry reminded her.

"Not long enough to explain to him that I had switched swords," Hermione reasoned.

"Yes you're right!" Harry was even more pleased to think that the old professor had had some reservations, albeit weak ones, about Snape's honesty. "So do you think he decided to hide the sword far away from Hogsmeade? What do you think, Y/N? Hey Y/N!"

Harry looked for it. and for a moment he thought he had left the tent, but then he saw that he was lying on the bottom bunk, looking grim.

"Oh. Have you remembered that I exist?"I said sarcastically.

"As you say?"

I snorted, still staring at the box spring on the top bed.

"Nothing nothing. For me you can continue; I don't want to spoil your party."

Perplexed, Harry looked to Hermione for help, but she was just as puzzled as he was.

"What's wrong with you?" Harry asked.

"What's wrong with me? Nothing's wrong with me," I answered, still without look him in the face." At least according to you."

There was a tapping sound on the roof of the tent. It had started to rain.

"Hey, something's obviously wrong with you," Harry insisted. "Drop it now, you want?"

I sat up in bed; I had a mean expression, nothing like me. "Okay, I'll let him go. Don't expect me to go running around the store because there's some other damn thing we have to find. Just add it to the list of things you don't know."

"Of things I don't know?" -Harry was astonished." That I don't know?"

Splat, splat, splat; the rain fell harder and harder, drumming on the tent as well as on the leaf litter on the bank and in the river. Fear stifled Harry's glee, because Y/N was saying what he feared his friend believed.

"Not that I'm not having a great time here," I said, "with a busted arm, nothing to eat and freezing my ass off every night." " What happens is that I expected... I don't know, that after several weeks giving laps we would have discovered something."

"Y/N" said Hermione, but so softly that the boy pretended not to hear her, since the pattering of the rain on the roof muffled any sound.

"I thought you knew what you were up to," Harry hinted.

"Yes me too."

"Well, sorry to let you down," said Harry, his voice quite calm even though he felt hollow, inadequate. "I've been straight with you from the start, I told you everything Dumbledore told me. And in case you haven't noticed, we've found one Horcrux -"

"Yeah, and we're about as near getting rid of it as we are to finding the rest of them - nowhere effing near, in other words!"

"Take off the locket, Y/N," Hermione said, her voice unusually high. "Please take it off. You wouldn't be talking like this if you hadn't been wearing it all day."

"Yeah, he would," said Harry, who did not want excuses made for Y/N. "D'you think I haven't noticed the two of you whispering behind my back? D'you think I didn't guess you were thinking this stuff?"

"Harry, we weren't-"

"Don't lie!" I hurled at her. "You said it too, you said you were disappointed, you said you'd thought he had a bit more to go on than -"

"I didn't say it like that - Harry, I didn't!" she cried.

The rain was pounding the tent, tears were pouring down Hermione's face, and the excitement of a few minutes before had vanished as if it had never been, a short-lived firework that had flared and died, leaving everything dark, wet, and cold. The sword of Gryffindor was hidden they knew not where, and they were three teenagers in a tent whose only achievement was not, yet, to be dead.

"So why are you still here?" Harry asked me.

"Search me," I Said.

"Go home then," said Harry.

"Yeah, maybe I will!" I shouted, and I took several steps toward Harry, who did not back away. "Didn't you hear what they said about my sister? But you don't give a rat's fart, do you, it's only the Forbidden Forest, Harry I've-Faced-Worse Potter doesn't care what happens to her in here-well, I do, all right, giant spiders and mental stuff -"

"I was only saying- she was with the others, they were with Hagrid -"

"Yeah, I get it, you don't care! And what about the rest of my family, 'the Weasleys don't need another kid injured,' did you hear that?"

"Yeah, I -"

"Not bothered what it meant, though?"

"Y/N!" said Hermione, forcing her way between them. "I don't think it means anything new has happened, anything we don't know about; think, Y/N, Bill's already scarred, plenty of people must have seen that George has lost an ear by now, and you're supposed to be on your deathbed with spattergroit, I'm sure that's all he meant-"

"Oh, you're sure, are you? Right then, well, I won't bother myself about them. It's all right for you two, isn't it, with your parents safely out of the way -"

"My parents are dead!" Harry bellowed.

"And mine could be going the same way!" I yelled.

"Then GO!" roared Harry. "Go back to them, pretend you've got over your spattergroit and Mummy'll be able to feed you up and -"

I made a sudden movement: Harry reacted, but before either wand was clear of its owner's pocket, Hermione had raised her own.

"Protego!" she cried, and an invisible shield expanded between her and Harry on the one side and Y/N on the other; all of them were forced backward a few steps by the strength of the spell, and Harry and Y/N glared from either side of the transparent barrier as though they were seeing each other clearly for the first time. Harry felt a corrosive hatred toward Y/N: Something had broken between them.

"Leave the Horcrux," Harry said.

I wrenched the chain from over my head and cast the locket into a nearby chair. I turned to Hermione.

"What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are you staying, or what?"

"I..." She looked anguished. "Yes - yes, I'm staying. Y/N, we said we'd go with Harry, we said we'd help -

"I get it. You choose him...May you be very happy."

"Y/N!, no - please come back, come back!"

She was impeded by her own Shield Charm; by the time she had removed it he had already stormed into the night. Harry stood quite still and silent, listening to her sobbing and calling Y/N's name amongst the trees.

After a few minutes she returned, her sopping hair plastered to her face.

"He's g-g-gone! Disapparated!"

She threw herself into a chair, curled up, and started to cry.

Harry felt dazed. He stooped, picked up the Horcrux, and placed it around his own neck. He dragged blankets off Y/N's bunk and threw them over Hermione. Then he climbed onto his own bed and stared up at the dark canvas roof, listening to the pounding of the rain.

This will have part two.