1.26

Season 3, Episode 12

Six Days (Part 2 of 2)

•••

- Three -

Laura didn't want to get up. Getting up meant starting the day; she'd have work, Georges dad was still in the danger zone after the surgery, she'd have to finally talk to Luke, and that would result in him leaving. No, she'd rather hold reality off just a little longer and stay right there in his arms.

She was pretty sure Lukes arms were magical or something. Every time she was wrapped up in his embrace, she'd feel safe and calm, like the world couldn't get to her. She didn't want to let that go - she didn't want to let him go - but she knew she had to.

Which was why she basked in the warmth of his loving touch just a little bit longer. They still had time.

•••

"How am I related to that man?" Meredith questioned, looking at her father who was on the phone with what Laura assumed to be his wife or Molly.

"What do you mean?" Cristina wondered. All the female interns were there, watching him.

"Look at him, he's a mess," she said as he spilled some coffee.

"Yeah..." Izzie trailed off.

"Your point?" Laura added.

"I mean, he's a disaster," Meredith said. "A stammering, mumbling, clumsy disaster, with whom I have absolutely nothing in common. Not one thing."

Cristina, Izzie and Laura exchanged small, humored smiles at their friends words.

"I hate to break this to you..." Izzie began after letting out a laugh. Instead of finishing her sentence, she looked at Meredith with a pointed smile.

"What?" she asked cluelessly.

"Well, you know, you do your own share of stammering yourself," Cristina pointed out.

"Yeah, that nervous talking thing you do, it's actually a lot like him," Izzie nodded and Cristina and Laura made sounds of agreement.

"No, it's not," Meredith denied.

"Plus that messy thing," Cristina continued.

"Oh, yeah," Laura nodded.

"Totally," Izzie agreed.

Meredith looked at Cristina. "You're the messy one."

"No, no, no," Cristina quickly shot down. "My apartments's messy. My locker's messy. But I am not messy." She looked back at Thatcher. "Sometimes you have, like, food and stuff in your hair."

"Yeah, food," Izzie continued. "Band-Aids on your face. I can still kinda see that indentation from the nose strip you were wearing last night." All three looked closely on Merediths face, who then retaliated.